Europe’s leading private launch services company
Propulsion Systems Technicians support the manufacturing, assembly and integration of launch vehicle propulsion systems and associated test benches. Additionally the propulsion systems technicians also provide operational support to test campaigns ranging from component level testing to integrated rocket engine hot-fires.
Orbex is Europe’s most exciting space company. You will be joining a team developing one of the most innovative, high-tech orbital space launch vehicles in the world, and you’ll have the chance to earn an ownership stake in the company.
We are a highly motivated and focused team, and we are looking for colleagues who share our vision of creating Europe’s first fully private space access company.
We are looking for team members who will fit in immediately and hit the ground running.
Core duties and responsibilities of the Propulsion Systems Technicians role typically include:
• Inspection and testing of produced hardware and procured components.
• Development of assembly procedures for complex fluid control systems and rocket engine systems.
• Assembly of rocket engines, thruster systems, turbo-machinery and fluid systems.
• Production and assembly of propulsion system test benches and test site infrastructure.
• Integration of propulsion systems on test benches.
• Test site operational support, this includes outdoor work in all kinds of weather.
• Execution of test procedures.
• Post-test inspections and reporting.
• Implementation of quality assurance processes and production of technical documentation.
• Design and manufacturing of support equipment to facilitate hardware assembly.
• Supporting our design engineers in evolving their designs to improve quality and manufacturability.
• Operation of high pressure and cryogenic systems.
• Attention to detail and the ability to establish a highly structured production/integration environment
• Maintaining a clean and well-organized production/integration environment
Qualifications and Experience
We expect you to be technically well-founded and your qualifications/experience base will likely contain several of these points:
• Proven 3-5 year experience with assembly and integration of complex systems in aerospace, aviation, automotive or similar quality-oriented industries.
• Experience with both large scale and small delicate assemblies as well as clean-room working environments
• Experience with integration and testing of high pressure, low leakage fluid systems.
• Knowledge of complex mechanical systems.
• Operational knowledge of cryogenic systems, materials compatibility and sealing technology.
• Knowledge of CMM metrology systems and usage.
• Complex systems testing.
• Technical support of operational campaigns.
• Documentation production and tracking processes
• Full proficiency in MS office tools expected, ability to operate CAD systems such as Solidworks highly welcomed.
• Strong proficiency in both written and spoken English.
You will have:
• A self-starter mentality, with minimum direction required
• A flexible and dedicated mindset
This role is based in Copenhagen at Orbex’s Danish propulsion engineering and manufacturing site.
You will be spending time both at the factory and our nearby rocket engine testing site, with occasional travel to our main factory, test and launch sites in Scotland.
Copenhagen is one of Europe’s most modern and aesthetically interesting cities. It is regarded as being one of the most livable cities in the world, with a strong reputation for being clean, green and sustainable.
With a huge, active waterfront and a lively social scene, Copenhagen offers a wide range of social activities and leisure opportunities, all with a uniquely Scandinavian flair. Activities include cycling and sailing, and the centre of the city is famed for it’s cultural highlights.
You must be a UK or European citizen, from a country that is a signatory to the MTCR convention. You must be able to pass a basis security clearance.
For the right candidate we offer an excellent benefits package that includes:
• Competitive salary
• An equity stake in the company
• Relocation assistance where appropriate