European Orbital Launch Services
We are currently looking for GNC engineers who will help build the launch vehicle guidance, navigation and control systems and perform HIL validation.
The exact role responsibilities will be flexible depending on your experience and skills but you will have the opportunity to play a critical part in the development of our technology.
- You will have 2+ years of experience in space or aeronautical GNC. You will be able to work with minimal supervision. You are likely to have an MSc degree in aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, control systems engineering or similar.
- We are a fast-moving company which gives great responsibility to our engineers. You will be exacting and detail-oriented, able to find innovative solutions to complex problems, flexible, trustworthy and team-oriented.
Your duties as a Launch Vehicle GNC Engineer will include:
- Participate in design, review and test of guidance, navigation, and control algorithms for the launch vehicle.
- Participate in the development of models for the high fidelity launch vehicle flight dynamics simulator
- Design and implement GNC calibration
- Validate and verify the GNC system through PIL/HIL test campaigns and develop the tools for them.
- Participate in the testing and integration of the GNC sensors and actuators
- Masters degree or higher in aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, control systems engineering, or equivalent experience.
- English language skills
- Experience in aerospace or similar environment, working in GNC or a relevant field.
- Launch vehicle or spacecraft GNC algorithms development in Matlab-Simulink
- Navigation filters
- Modelling of physical systems
- Operational understanding of navigation system sensors including inertial navigation systems, GNSS receivers, star trackers
- Experience developing navigation algorithms would be particularly desirable.
- Orbex is a fast-moving company with a strong focus on quality. We are looking for colleagues who work hard, deliver reliably and put the team above themselves.
Typically you will be:
- A creative, lateral thinker
- Detail- and quality-oriented
- Flexible, dedicated, trustworthy
- Adventurous and team-oriented
- Calm under pressure