European Orbital Launch Services
The position includes the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop GUI desktop applications used to real-time monitor mission critical systems.
- Develop database interfaces and configuration management.
- Develop software with network interfaces like UDP, TCP/IP.
- Protocols for data distribution between Launch Vehicle system and the ground Segment.
Skills and Experience
- Several years of experience with networking software, databases and GUI development.
- Several years of experience with several programming languages like Python or C++.
- Experience with mission-critical software from either the Space, Transport, Medical or similar industry with strong requirements for quality of the software solutions.
- Experience in documentation and communication of software specifications, preferably for mission critical or safety critical software.
Personal characteristic of the applicants:
- Assumes responsibility for the tasks and sees them through.
- Very good communication skills in both oral and written form, as well as interpersonal communication.
- Is a team player that sees collaboration with co-employees as a very important part of creating good results both short and long term.
- Thrives in an international environment with collaboration across cultures and borders.
The Position Offers
- Joining the rapidly-developing space industry.
- A unique opportunity to participate in software development team needed for the Ground Segment of a space launch vehicle.
- Having a very central role in the development of Orbex’s ground-based software infrastructure, like the Mission Control and Ground Segment.