ORBION’S ENGINEERS HAVE BUILT SPACE HARDWARE THAT HS FLOWN TO EVERY CORNER OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM.
Orbion is seeking engineers with experience in electronics manufacturing. The successful candidates will have prior experience working with suppliers to produce high-reliability electronic assemblies. Experience with electronics functional test and test automation and the demonstrated ability to create test plans, develop test hardware and test stations, automated tests, and develop hardware-in-the-loop simulations is a plus.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Enjoy a very competitive starting salary based on your knowledge and experience. In addition to the excitement of making monumental changes to the aerospace industry, employees enjoy a flexible work schedule, health insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid time off (vacation, paid holidays, sick days), contribution matching retirement plan, and employee stock ownership. Relocation assistance available.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ELECTRONICS MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
- Manage electronics manufacturing services (EMS) contracts
- Serve as a liaison between the contract manufacturer and Orbion
- Prepare engineering documentation including assembly procedures, test procedures, standard operating procedures, schematic diagrams, bills of materials, and suitable alternate parts lists
- Work with suppliers and contractors to ensure parts availability
- Develop and maintain production process documentation
- Lead continuous improvement efforts of established product
- Lead projects that increase capability and efficiency of manufacturing test facilities
- Lead product failure investigations in an integrated product team environment, driving necessary changes to design, test process, or manufacturing
- Analyze manufacturing/test data and trends to drive improved design requirements and manufacturing/test processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a Bachelor’s Degree and related experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in design, manufacturing, production and/or test of electrical hardware systems.
A CAREER OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for professionals with keen industry knowledge and experience. Strong candidates for this position have demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following:
- Ability to create and deliver presentations for design and manufacturing readiness reviews
- Experience with SMT lines, electronics manufacturing, IPC standards, etc.
- Experience with PCB, PCBA and electro-mechanical assembly processes.
- Understanding and experience in environmental testing such as vibration, shock, thermal, burn-in, and TVAC
- Experience developing functional test plans from product requirements and analysis of schematics
- Experience implementing Design for Manufacture and Design for Test