ORBION’S ENGINEERS HAVE BUILT SPACE HARDWARE THAT HS FLOWN TO EVERY CORNER OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM.
Orbion is seeking a well-rounded HR professional to lead, manage, and implement comprehensive human resources activities to maintain a positive employee environment through consistent application of all HR policies and procedures. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and driven by a fast-paced, exciting, and collaborative work environment.
Enjoy a very competitive starting salary based on your knowledge and experience. In addition to the excitement of making monumental changes to the aerospace industry, employees enjoy a flexible work schedule, health insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid time off (vacation, paid holidays, sick days), contribution matching retirement plan, and employee stock ownership. Relocation assistance available.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
- Support and coach management team members on a variety of human resource needs, including company policies, employee performance, staffing, resource planning and employee engagement.
- Coordinate and deliver management training, with focus on interviewing applicants, hiring processes, employee promotions, performance review, terminations, and questions related to the application of Orbion’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Recruit, interview, conduct reference checks, employment verifications, and coordinate interview schedules with hiring managers to select employees to fill vacant positions.
- Manage university relations, internship programs and related processes; attend career fairs at selected universities or sponsored events.
- Administer performance review processes and support management to ensure effectiveness and compliance.
- Implement full capabilities of the HR Information System to streamline administrative processes and expand utilization by all employees.
- Communicate and implement current company benefits policies and programs to ensure employees are well informed of all benefit offerings, options, and changes.
- Act as the subject matter expert for payroll tax requirements and relevant payroll-related laws such as FLSA, federal and state payroll taxes, IRS-related requirements for pre- and post-tax earnings and deductions.
- Develop and communicate written safety programs according to OSHA and MIOSHA requirements and deliver training according to site needs.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are compliant.
- Support CEO with a wide variety of policy and administration improvements.
A CAREER OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for an HR professional with broad HR knowledge. Strong candidates for this position possess the following:
- U.S. Citizenship
- University degree in HR Management or related major, Business Administration, or equivalent experience is required.
- Five to seven years’ experience in Human Resources management.
PHR or SPHR certification is preferred.
- Staffing and talent acquisition experience is required.
- Training, e-learning, and instructional design, and delivery experience.
- Previous experience and responsibilities in benefits administration and payroll.
- Excellent consulting, coaching, problem solving, and facilitation skills.
- Strong working knowledge of US Federal and Michigan employment laws.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and MIOSHA regulations and general safety management practices.
- Knowledge and proficiency working with HR Information Systems.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office 365, MS Teams, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- High level of interpersonal skills required to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documents.
- Proven success working and thriving in a fast-paced, highly interactive team environment.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills, including demonstrated success in individual and group communications throughout all levels of an organization.
- Willingness to travel on occasion.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by state or local law.