ORBION’S ENGINEERS HAVE BUILT SPACE HARDWARE THAT HS FLOWN TO EVERY CORNER OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM.
Orbion is seeking well-rounded engineers to lead and execute projects dedicated toward R&D, testing, and mass production of spacecraft electric propulsion systems. Previous experience with aerospace production activities is desired and the ideal candidate is self-motivated and driven by a fast-paced, exciting, and collaborative work environment.
Enjoy a very competitive starting salary based on your knowledge and experience. In addition to the excitement of making monumental changes to the aerospace industry, employees enjoy a flexible work schedule, health insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid time off (vacation, paid holidays, sick days), contribution matching retirement plan, and employee stock ownership. Relocation assistance available.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PROJECT ENGINEER
- Perform project engineering and team leadership efforts by leveraging established plans, schedules, budgets, designs, and procedures
- Formulate and implement electric propulsion system development activities, including laboratory testing and data analysis
- Plan and lead system requirement verification efforts and test campaigns, including but not limited to, receiving inspections, acceptance tests, and qualification tests
- Lead efforts with suppliers and manufacturing shops to source flight components, piece-parts, and sub-assemblies
A CAREER OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for professionals with keen industry knowledge and experience. Strong candidates for this position possess the following:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in a Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or a directly related degree
- 2-5 years’ experience in a production environment (preferably in the aerospace arena)
- A solid understanding of applicable engineering principles, business practices, and experience working directly with hardware in the aerospace industry is highly desirable
- Experience with production drawings, configuration management, and GD&T is highly desirable
- An ability to collaborate in a team setting as well as be an active individual contributor
- Willingness to travel on occasion (10-15%)
- Experience with modeling tools is desirable, including creating solid models, as well as executing and interpreting structural, thermal, fluid, and magnetic field models
- Great communication skills, technical depth, breadth, and passion will enable you to work effectively with cross functional (electrical, mechanical, software, system, test) product development teams
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by state or local law.