ORBION’S ENGINEERS HAVE BUILT SPACE HARDWARE THAT HS FLOWN TO EVERY CORNER OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM.
Orbion is seeking an experienced Test Engineer to assist with development of automated test facilities for propulsion systems and spacecraft hardware. The ideal candidate will have experience in at least one of the following areas: environmental test (thermal vacuum, shock, vibration), robotics, computer vision, electronics functional testing, test automation software.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Enjoy a very competitive starting salary based on your knowledge and experience. In addition to the excitement of making monumental changes to the aerospace industry, employees enjoy a flexible work schedule, health insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid time off (vacation, paid holidays, sick days), contribution matching retirement plan, and employee stock ownership. Relocation assistance available.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TEST SYSTEMS ENGINEER
- Develop and manage test requirements
- Design product test equipment
- Manage outside contractors developing and/or building test stations
- Perform initial test runs
- Collect and report on collected test data
- Aid in new product development especially in Design for Manufacture and Design for Test
A CAREER OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for professionals with keen industry knowledge and experience. Strong candidates for this position possess the following:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in a Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or a directly related degree
- 2-5 years’ experience in a production environment
- Experience with test software and hardware such as LabVIEW, data acquisition, PLCs, OPC/OPC UA, industrial quality systems, etc.
- A solid understanding of applicable engineering principles, business practices, and experience working directly with hardware in the aerospace industry is highly desirable
- An ability to collaborate in a team setting as well as be an active individual contributor
- Willingness to travel on occasion (10-15%)
- Great communication skills, technical depth, breadth, and passion will enable you to work effectively with cross functional (electrical, mechanical, software, system, test) product development teams
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by state or local law.