We believe Earth’s orbit will soon be bustling with commercial and human activity based on cooperative spacecraft operations; docking and undocking, changing locations and missions, exchanging resources and parts, and traveling to and from deep space. That is why we are building the first refueling station in outer space.
Reporting to the VP of Business Development, the Associate for Commercial Business Development will be an exceptional relationship builder who will work with the VP of Business Development to build the Business Development team and strategy. You will serve as a point of contact for customers from early capabilities studies through successful contract awards. You will work directly with a small team to quickly iterate on satellite refueling and servicing solutions and ensure they meet all customer needs. You will be a big part of building a winning government business development organization.
The ideal candidate will bring experience in entrepreneurship ecosystem building and partnership building in the space industry. A background in managing sales cycles is preferred. Existing relationships and a working knowledge of entrepreneurship or small business development are essential. This candidate will possess an in-depth understanding of the business needs of satellite operators, spacecraft manufacturers, and the emerging satellite servicing industry. Orbit Fab must understand that the candidate has a demonstrated history of inspiring and driving business and possesses the ability to connect and build strong relationships.
- Network widely to initiate conversations; daily cold calls and emails
- Identify potential clients in the target market and complete appropriate research on the client’s business and technology needs
- Build and sustain a vibrant list of potential clients, maintain the CRM and sales pipeline, report on progress
- Develop relationships with prospective clients as you facilitate the sales process
- Create contract-winning proposals for current and prospective clients; negotiate contracts and communicate terms to stakeholders
- Monitor trends and developments related to our industry, business products, competition, processes, and operations
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and attend to the details
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a related field
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated achievement in business development and building sales pipelines
- Experience in B2B sales
- Experience in space development or operations.
All positions are currently San Francisco-based, though a new facility is planned for the US Mountain States, and remote work until the company relocates is negotiable.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.