We believe Earth’s orbit will soon be bustling with commercial and human activity based on cooperative spacecraft operations; docking and undocking, changing locations and missions, exchanging resources and parts, and traveling to and from deep space. That is why we are building the first refueling station in outer space.
Reporting to the VP of Business Development, the Director of Government Business Development will be an exceptional relationship builder who will work with the VP of Business Development to build the Business Development team and strategy. This Director will help grow our relationships with key government customers. You will serve as a point of contact for customers from early capabilities studies through successful contract awards. You will work directly with a small team to quickly iterate on satellite refueling and servicing solutions and ensure they meet all customer needs. You will be a big part of building a winning government business development organization.
The vision of a successful candidate is that of an innovative leader with proven experience as a business development professional. This leader will possess an in-depth understanding of the government defense and civil space programs, and the emerging satellite servicing industry. Orbit Fab must understand that the candidate has a demonstrated history of inspiring and driving government business and possesses the ability to connect and build strong relationships.
- Develop and grow the US government’s key relationships, including DoD (US Air Force, US Space Force, DARPA, NRO, Space Development Agency, etc) and NASA.
- Leverage professional relationships and market knowledge to shape emerging opportunities.
- Develop capture plans for each identified opportunity.
- Obtain competitive intelligence and data on targeted pursuits and lead competitive assessments.
- Oversee proposals to ensure they align with company goals and maximize our chances of capture.
- Support creation and execution of multi-year business development strategies that include:
- Engagement plans for current and future customers.
- The setting of financial targets for specific customers
- Advocate resource planning needs to support growth goals vs. ongoing current contract performance.
- Frequent domestic and international travel required, as needed in support of business development efforts, including short notice.
- At least 5 years of government business development experience
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and attend to the details.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Active security clearance
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated success in capturing existing government opportunities.
- Demonstrated success in creating new government opportunities.
- Demonstrated successful relationships with senior-level customer officials and program stakeholders within the government.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors.
Experience in space development or operations.
All positions are currently San Francisco-based, though a new facility is planned for the US Mountain States, and remote work until the company relocates is negotiable.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Apply To Position