Gas Stations in Space™
Orbit Fab likes to move fast, break barriers and change the way space missions work.
We’re looking for the best minds, backed by a practical can-do attitude.
You would be responsible for developing flight software to support a variety of upcoming Orbit Fab missions. A major emphasis will be on reliable software that will perform safety critical guidance, navigation, and control functions for rendezvous, proximity operations, and docking (RPOD) operations and systems.
- Develop critical flight software for Orbit Fab’s technologies.
- Architect, plan and implement software solutions for guidance and control during RPOD operations.
- Test software to ensure compliance with systems requirements.
- Assist in overall system design and development, providing input to key decisions and reviews from a software perspective.
- Ability to concisely document the structure and functionality of flight software.
- Directly interact with the customers, both government and commercial.
- Ability to manage the software project/tasks, interact with contractors and vendors to meet the needs of the project
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Experience developing algorithms for guidance and control functions
- Direct experience with LINUX, Python, C and its derivatives
Object Oriented programming expertise, including design patterns
- Expertise working in a diverse, multidisciplinary team environment that includes business communication, mechanical engineering, electrical and software engineering
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen/Person and able to successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or
- MS degree from an accredited engineering school and three (3) years of related engineering experience, or
- Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience
- If you don’t have the exact years listed above, but your passion can’t be matched, don’t hesitate to apply!
NICE TO HAVE:
- Hands-on experience developing flight software
- Familiarity or expertise with Control Systems
- Familiarity or design experience with RTOS, software schedulers, highly deterministic systems, safety-critical systems, and/or hard- or soft-real-time design constraints (RTEMS, FreeRTOS, Rate-Monotonic Analysis and system resource monitoring)
- Experience with computer vision, sensor fusion, and machine learning.
- Familiarity with terrestrial or space-based computer vision systems
- MS or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Astrodynamics or similar
- Familiarity with Rendezvous, Proximity Operations, and Docking flight operations and procedures
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink toolboxes, particularly computer vision or embedded coder toolboxes
- Experience with orbital mechanics and spaceflight dynamics
- Active Security Clearance
- Experience with requirements management, decomposition, and communication. At Orbit Fab, systems engineering excellence is expected at all levels and positions
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain safety critical code of flight systems in space
- Expertise working spacecraft or launch vehicle operations
- Front end development expertise including safety critical GUI design
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
“Orbit Fab Inc does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.”