Gas Stations in Space™
Orbit Fab envisions a thriving in-space economy producing goods and services for consumption on Earth and vice versa.
Currently satellites carry with them one tank of fuel and cannot be refueled. This single-use architecture greatly limits satellite mobility and the development of economic activities in Space. Orbit Fab is working to establish the first Gas Stations in Space. We are developing the refueling technology and the entire fuel supply chain architecture. We supply fuel in space for satellites to refuel and to continue operating without having to worry about running out of fuel.
Established in 2018, we have already flown three tankers to space; with the first one flown within one year of founding. We work closely with partners and customers in the larger space industry ecosystem to make thriving in-space economy a reality.
As a Program Manager at Orbit Fab, you will be responsible and accountable for all cost, schedule, technical, risk management, strategic planning, and completion of your project’s scope. You will be responsible for building and managing external partnerships as well as collaborating cross functionally with internal business units. A successful candidate has demonstrated experience interacting with U.S. Government agencies such as the Air Force, Space Force and/or NASA. Knowledge and experience with these customer’s technical processes, business practices and organizations is a requirement.
- Plan, organize, direct, and control all activities of the program to satisfy requirements and meet financial commitments to the company
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders to manage overall program schedule and roadmap
- Work with the organization to define, secure, and organize resources, standards, processes, procedures, and tools essential for the successful completion of the program
- Program management activities including proposal activities, risk management and delivering results
- Modeling personal excellence, integrity, and accountability
- Strong interpersonal skills with teamwork and transparency as a priority;
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Extremely strong analytical, problem-solving skills and business acumen
- Strong communications skills; demonstrable written communication and oral presentation skills
- Project and time management skills
- Thorough understanding of program management practices including: planning and budgeting, schedule development, change control, risk and opportunity management, and earned value reporting
- Fully accountable and drives team to accountability and execution