Building the space infrastructure of the future
Who we are?
OOX is a new company with an ambitious program for developing Commercial LEO destinations and Space Infrastructures. It belongs to a larger high-tech group that holds participations in several EU and US high-tech companies. The company is developing solutions for Robotics, Habitats, and Space Exploration. With increasing size and anticipated growth, we are looking to expand our team.
We are looking for a proposals manager who will be in full charge of managing and control the activities required to deliver bids and proposals according to requirement, budget, and schedule for large Public Organisations like ESA, NASA, EC, EU, EDA, DoD, etc. This person will ensure “lessons learned” and best practice are applied to proposals and transferred to new bids. This exciting role will ideally suit a cross-trained System Engineer adept at facing new challenges and grasping new concepts quickly.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of the company’s grants, proposals and bids working under the supervision of the CEO, providing support at the pre-contractual project phase.
- Act as technical interface between both the technical and commercial teams to develop proposals and new business opportunities.
- Analyse and answer Invitations to Tenders, RFPs and RFQs.
- Prepare technical proposals in cooperation with the technical team to perform requirement analysis, high level architecture and interface definition.
- Prepare Project Management Plans, Development Plans, WBS (work breakdown structure) and Gantt schedules.
- Identify subcontractors and suppliers to meet bid requirements.
- Prepare and submit RFPs/RFQs for subcontractors and suppliers.
- Prepare presentations and attend customer meetings with the bid team, answer customer requests and follow up opportunities with the commercial team.
- Carry out market analysis and keep up-to-date on technology solutions to provide added-value to new proposals.
- Provide support to grant periodic reporting.
- Support the project team during project implementation and in the creation of project documentation, as well as proactively finding solutions to project challenges.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Electronics/Communications Engineering, Aerospace or similar
- More than +5-10 years of similar experience to Proposals Bid manager
- Experience in Project and/or Technical Management in the Space or a similar industry.
- Experience with European Space Agency projects and procedures will be considered a plus.
- Knowledge of EU proposals is desirable.
- Proven experience in the preparation of project and proposal/bid documentation.
- Quick learner, well-organised, adept at prioritising and able to deliver on time.
- Experience working with MS Office and MS Project.
- Ability to solve complex problems using judgement and technical experience.
- Proactive with a ‘can-do attitude’ and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Team player who is also able to work independently
- Proactive and with good initiative
- Willing to face new challenges
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Excellent analytical skills
What do we offer?
- A competitive economic package
- Possibility for further promotion in the organisation
- Flexibility in the place of work, and tele-working
Start Date: Immediate
As well as a professional and stimulating working environment in the space sector, with the possibility of working in an international team on innovative projects, we also offer the chance to develop your career in our work centres around Europe, UK and USA.