Space is in our DNA. Orbital Sidekick (OSK) has a mission to launch a constellation of space-based hyperspectral imaging sensors by 2021, and our team is growing fast. We’re looking for a Hyperspectral Systems Engineer who will support our analytics team. This person will work across operations, engineering, product, and analytics teams to help us solve some of the hardest problems in remote sensing.
- Providing design inputs to select state-of-the-art optical and sensor technologies to integrate into a space environment.
- Optical and Electro-Optical System performance modeling including imaging and radiometric/photometric properties. Experienced in system-level architecture, performance modeling, and trade studies.
- Developing and tracking system-level requirements throughout the sensor design process.
- Experience in different aspects of imaging system design: Optical, Electrical, and Algorithms for Image Processing.
- Experience in test and evaluation of Electro-Optic systems: Sensitivity, MTF, Uniformity, Vicarious Calibration, Cross-Calibration, etc.
- Direct involvement with the manufacture, assembly, and troubleshooting of systems.
- 6+ years experience working in remote sensing
- Matlab and Python programming experience
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a startup environment
- Comfortable with rapid decision-making and taking ownership of system design
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with atmospheric correction, plume modeling
- Understanding of detector material concepts and physics/electrical engineering concepts related to spectrometers and line-scanning sensors
- Experience with statistical and non-statistical methods of hyperspectral image cube noise reduction strategies (e.g. Wavelets, Minimum Noise Fraction, Principal Component Analysis, etc.)
ITAR Requirements: U.S. Government space technologies export/ITAR regulations apply here, applicant must be a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Orbital Sidekick is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Orbital Sidekick is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.