Space is in our DNA. Join us in integrating bleeding-edge hyperspectral technology into fast-moving commercial markets. As a member of OSK, you will be part of an interdisciplinary team that values independent thinking, technical creativity, and a sense of ownership for building a product that will be launched into space to support our planet’s energy infrastructure.
As a Senior Software Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Design software architecture for image acquisition and processing onboard a satellite
- Integrate various sensor inputs and APIs from various vendors to a robust application that run automatically
- Work with OSK’s algorithm team to implement onboard algorithms to high-bandwidth data-streams
- Develop OSK’s data ingestion and processing capabilities for satellite as well as aerial hyperspectral images
- Work with GPU cores to implement real-time corrections to image data
- Incorporate payload and spacecraft bus command and control schemes, and help automate customer tasking requests
Basic qualification needed
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering, with 5+ years of experience
- Understanding of CI/CL and test pipelines and Git environment
- Ability to custom compile Linux kernel and understand ARM booting processes
- Exceptional skills in C, C++, Linux Operating System on ARM
- Knowledge of electrical engineering principles, and periphery experience in FPGA design
- Basic understanding of MATLAB or Python for integration of algorithms on flight software
- Some exposure to CUDA core programming and GPU parallel processes
- Willingness to learn and communicate with other disciplines and engineers on the Orbital Sidekick team
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with multispectral or hyperspectral data capture
- Experience with hardware development and testing
- Experience with remote sensing data
Some travel may be necessary.
ITAR Requirements: U.S. Government space technologies export/ITAR regulations apply here, applicant must be a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Orbital Sidekick is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Orbital Sidekick is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.