Wildfire Detection & Monitoring From Space
The vision of OroraTech is to detect wildfires from space early by developing a novel infrared imager as a satellite payload. The Payload Processing Unit is the heart of the satellite payload we’re developing. Your task will be to set up and manage the Linux system operating the processing unit. You’ll be responsible for maintaining a safe boot and init procedure, enabling updating the system over the air, and making sure the data processing engineers have all tools at hand to create the data processing pipeline.
For controlling and monitoring the system you’ll be writing applications and daemons and will literally launch your code to space.
In this position, you can put everything you ever learned about computer architecture, bus systems, and operating systems to good use. You will be solving challenges that can’t be copied from StackOverflow.
Create software solutions for the spacecraft’s on-board critical functions following engineering standards and best practices.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- You will be responsible for embedded Linux systems in spacecraft.
- You will be working on Satellite Payload Development.
- Your tasks will include but are not limited to setting up (packages, boot, init) embedded Linux systems and developing applications updating, monitoring & controlling said systems.
- University degree in Computer Science or similar with a focus in Embedded Systems.
- Practical experience (acquired at prior jobs, internships, university projects, etc.) in Embedded Linux Systems.
- Fluent English skills (at least C2 level).
- You know how to use git, bash, systems and have advanced programming skills in C++, python.
- You understand the complexity of init systems, networks, and interfaces in a Linux context.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and self-starter attitude.
- Enthusiasm to learn about the NewSpace industry.
Nice to have:
- First practical start-up experiences.
- Another language.
- Understanding the complexity of developing spacecraft.
Don’t apply if:
- You are not a team player
- You don’t like to work on your own and bring in your own ideas
At OroraTech you can expect a no-bullshit, down-to-earth, yet high caliber work environment. You will be part of the OroraTech team – a dynamic, international, open-minded squad that is highly motivated to create impact. OroraTech can be your home base for a very long time and gives you the opportunity to grow on a professional and personal level.
If you apply: Please always include your CV, Cover letter, and references. We value well-crafted motivation letters stating how you learned about OroraTech, why you think you would be a great addition to the team and why you want to work at a NewSpace startup. Please also list your earliest starting date and expected salary.