Our focus is on high-reliability precision products for space applications.
We are a growing business and have a new opportunity for a Procurement Stores Technician to join our MAIT team. Our focus is on high-reliability precision products for space applications. It’s an exciting time as we move towards a higher level of industrialization for repeat build products, required to meet customer demand. This role will be responsible for obtaining quotations and placing orders to a cost-effective and planned schedule.
This would suit someone who has previous experience in a similar role, in an industry such as aerospace, automotive, or measurement equipment, with the ability to build good relationships with suppliers. Someone who can work on their own initiative but embraces the importance of working with process and procedures, who is able to effectively coordinate between suppliers and other relevant internal departments.
What we do:
- We develop innovative deployable antenna solutions for the world’s leading satellite builders. Our most recent antenna, that have been deployed in space, would fit inside a biscuit tin!
- Every day our Engineers and technicians come up with creative solutions to meet our customer’s needs.
- We’re good at what we do and take pride in doing it well.
- We strive to live our values: Respect, Integrity, Support, Efficient & Effective.
- We have invested in a world-class facility at Harwell Science and Innovation Campus, so our people have an environment to create great things.
About the Role:
Reporting to the MAIT Manager, this role covers the following key areas that are central to the success of OSS’s business:
- Sourcing new suppliers for bespoke parts, as and when needed, whilst ensuring current and new supplier relationships are built and maintained.
- Ensuring materials are sourced and purchased in line with the project plan and delivered on time.
- Making sure all parts are inspected and put through the QMS process stage and kitted out for builds.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- To be apprentice trained with skills from a mechanical, electrical, manufacturing, product engineering-based discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar procurement role, if this is in the space industry then that would be advantageous.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of detailed drawings, surface finishes, tolerances, materials, etc.
- Practical experience with metrology equipment is essential.
The full job description can be viewed but aside from the qualification and knowledge we need, what we really need is someone who:
- Great negotiation skills, along with the ability to build good relationships with our suppliers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude to problems, able to provide sound solutions.
- Excellent attention to detail, along with a natural preference for writing and following processes and procedures.
- Deadline orientated, in order to deliver within defined timescales and meet program milestones.
- Great prioritization and organizational skills, to manage several projects at any one time.
If this sounds like the role for you, then please apply by sending us your CV, along with a short explanation of why you’re brilliant for this role and why we’re right for you (along with your salary expectations) by 9th July 2021.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted.