Technical Lead, Responsible for Developing the Next Generation of AI- and Space-based Services
Secures the need for timely information
PandionAI is an innovative start-up company in the space industry, within Earth Observation, and in a stage heavily focused on downstream applications and now in strong development.
We have a dynamic and challenging work environment, are expanding our team, and are now looking for a talented colleague to take the role of Tech Lead.
The role will consist of being responsible for developing our IT system in close collaboration with our team, contributing to the next generation of autonomous space-based real-time event detection services.
At PandionAI, we aim to secure time-critical intelligence with AI-based analysis from our AlertSat satellite constellation. Today, we develop a system that leverages image recognition for event detection directly at the edge (on board the satellites) to provide information in real time. Our goal is to reduce the gap between the collection of satellite data and end users. We believe that this leads to increased safety as well as more transparent and fast delivery of information about what is happening on Earth’s surface. Our service will give users an increased decision-making ability to handle the rapid changes and critical events that take place today.
Purpose of role
We are in need to strengthen our team in the coming processes that consist of creating – by designing, developing, implementing, testing, and verifying – our system and service, which is to be demonstrated for showing technical feasibility in orbit and on the ground. We have already built the first iteration of our system and are aiming to take a couple of steps closer to production in the coming development. The colleague we are looking for is to take responsibility for the development of the system that is to be closest to our end-users.
Stuff you will be responsible for
- Definition of the system’s functionalities and interfaces
- Design and implementation of system, database and data models, structures, and architectures for ensuring efficiency, robustness, and scalability
- Evaluation and selection of suppliers and tools for the services and functionalities needed
- Implementation and orchestration of distributed systems with cloud services, hosting, computation, and storage of data, as well as software tools and containerization
- Quality assessment and best practices
Reasons why you do want to take this role
- You will be a vital part of a small and close team working towards developing our ground segment and in-orbit software system, to perform real-time data analysis of image data and deliver critical information to the system’s users.
- You will be valuable when taking responsibility, contributing with your knowledge, always aiming to do the best of your abilities, and sharing our high ambition to create a new service for a new market.
- You enjoy intervals of fast-paced work and development
- You look for full-time employment, partly remote with the expectation to be present a couple of times a week at our Kista (Stockholm) office.
Personal attributes and key qualifications expected for this role
We would like our colleague to have strong communication and organization skills, be able to communicate the trade-offs between different proposed approaches, promote cooperation and problem-solving, be comfortable working in an agile way as well as have an eye for detail.
To be able to take on the role, you should have:
- a minimum of 3 years of working experience with machine learning,
- proficiency in both high-level language (e.g. Python) and system programming language (e.g. C/C++),
- clear understanding of distributed systems, their bottlenecks, and building them on cloud infrastructure,
- proven track record of building and scaling SaaS/PaaS and
- experience in using different types of database technologies like relational (PostgreSQL), NoSQL (MongoDB).
If you would have experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Earth Observation/Remote Sensing, or the space industry – that would be a bonus, but not a must.
Some more information
We understand that different roads lead into the field of IT development. If you do not feel like you have the experience or well can take on all the listed responsibilities, but you are eager to learn more and evolve – in this new role, at this new company, creating a new service, for a new market – we still strongly encourage you to apply.
The employment period begins as soon as possible for you to start and we plan to evaluate applications until we find the right match.