Archangel Imaging is a startup transforming the way we protect lives and assets in off-grid, remote locations with AI-enabled early warnings and actions.
Archangel Imaging is a startup transforming the way we protect lives and assets in off-grid, remote locations with AI-enabled early warnings and actions. We have developed unique edge AI solutions winning the AIConics AI for Good award (2019), the BT Infinity Lab Augmented Intelligence award (2018), and finalist at the Dubai’s Robotics for Good (2017), and our teammates have worked on World Record projects. We are passionate about empowering small teams with smart resources, so they can be at the right place at the right time over vast amount of lands to tackle complex challenges like poaching and organised crimes.
We are seeking a proactive and driven Partnership and Business Development Lead.
The candidate will be defining go-to-market strategy as well as leading our user and customer engagements from the front. They will be equally comfortable using data analytics to drive decisions, presenting to a conference or reaching out to a cold prospect.
The candidate will be expected to close enterprise sales and deliver high quality propositions in writing or verbally. Experience with industrial sectors with remote assets would be beneficial (for example: oil & gas, aerospace, telecoms, rail, logistics, animal conservation, anti-poaching or government). We are busy trying to solve long standing problems in diverse verticals; problems like poaching, oil pipeline tapping and copper theft still blight the World. The right candidate will find this prospect far more exciting than daunting.
There is a lot to do. In exchange for hard work you will have a seat at the table in directing the future of the company and the opportunity for a direct, tangible impact.
You will own the market development of our startup through the next phase of growth and may quickly find yourself managing a team. You will certainly need to coordinate with technology development and company system development from day one. You will report directly to the CEO. The preferred candidate is keen to step up to a C-level position and has an understanding of startup market dynamics.
Business Development Manager responsibilities are:
- Testing and maintaining product-market fit in check, suggest product portfolios in line with customer needs and industry trends. Conducting researches to fulfil customers’ needs and to also identify new markets and opportunities.
- Overseeing writing bids, proposals and supporting proposition collateral.
- Developing strategies relating to customer satisfaction and value
- Overseeing with the promotion of the company’s products/services such as generating inbound leads, speaking/ exhibiting at events and conferences, user workshops, and white papers generation.
- Designing sales funnels, best practices and processes to build a scalable sales & marketing system/ team and easily capture new opportunities\
- Building rapport with customers and partners
Business Development Manager requirements are:
- Experience in Business Development
- Engaging presence in person, able to make a positive, memorable impression at crowded events.
- Excellent follow up communications, enabled by process, systems and habit.
- Experience with one or more of these industries: oil & gas, asset management, rail and logistics, animal conservation, military or government. Passionate about modernising and improving these industries with automated, disruptive technology.
- Commitment to excellent customer service, after-sales service, solving customers’ pain points.
- Knowledge of principles of marketing and sales
- Comfortable understanding of robotics & AI technology solutions, able to refine effective industrial applications for them and explain then to a cold audience
- Ability to conduct market analysis, segmentation and validation, as well as create basic financial projections for new markets.
- Familiar with Salesforce, HubSpot or similar CRM and Sales Funnel systems
- Pragmatic, clear, effective communication for different audience
- High personal quality standard, especially for written material.
- Organised and effective work habits, to track and coordinate multiple activity threads concurrently.
- Can-do attitude with a strong hunger for solving challenges, getting things done to completion and able to organise and prioritise.
- We work around delivery-focused, agile sprints, with a sustainable work-life balance.
- You will be making impact early and regularly – build your skills, while drive the technology forward and change the world.
- Potential bonus and equity for excellent impact
- Options for flexible working hours, (some) working from home
- Travel and training bursaries, as needed
- Gym discounts, cinema half price forever, free phone insurance, shopping and supermarket discounts plus many many more!
- The buzzing Harwell Space Campus (the UK future answer to Silicon Valley) with regular events on site (networking, workshops)
New hires to join our office in Harwell Campus, which is 20 minutes’ drive from central Oxford or 5-10 minutes from Wantage or Didcot. Depending on the projects, there will also be overseas travel; for 2017 it was Dubai and for 2016 it was Belgium.
This role will close once suitable applicants are appointed, with the start date negotiable. For questions please write to applications [at] archangel [dot] im.
To comply with data protection laws, we keep all candidates’ personal data confidential and secure while their applications are being considered and remove such data as soon as possible (in the same month) once a decision has been reached.
TIER 2 SPONSORSHIP
We are only licensed to sponsor candidates who are already in the UK on valid visas that can switch to tier 2.
All candidates requiring tier 2 visa are welcome to apply and will be considered alongside all other applications but please note that the limited numbers of sponsorship certificates would need to be reserved for exceptional talents. In other words, the non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. Those currently exempted from this test are in-country Tier 4 visa holders, candidates qualified at PhD level, for example. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration.