With nearly two decades of sub-orbital launch experience and technology development, VECTOR needs your help in taking the next steps to push space boundaries.
Innovation in space occurs when people have the freedom to imagine and to do. We are looking for other thought leaders in their fields of expertise who also believe in our vision and can work beside us to make this dream a reality. The Payload Structural Analyst will be responsible for the structural analysis of payloads subject to loads generated by the launch vehicle. This role is for a dynamic, self-starting individual with great attention to detail and excellent people skills. This is a full-time position located at our facility in Huntington Beach, CA.
A typical day might include the following:
- Interfacing with vehicle dynamics, structural and thermal analysts to design payload adapter
- Interfacing with payload customers
- Participating in reviews of design and analysis of vehicle systems
- Dynamic and vibration testing
- VECTOR strongly believes in the power of the individual and seeks people who share our passion for innovating, building and flying
This job might be for you if you have these:
- B.S./M.S. in Aerospace/Mechanical/ Engineering or equivalent is required
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with modal analysis, vibration, PSDs
- Must be able to navigate sets of complex requirements
- Computer Skills: Matlab/Python, FEA, CAD (NX preferred)
- Willing to travel <10% to Tucson, AZ facility to support test campaigns and support program reviews is likely
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
It would be impressive if you also have these:
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field and/or certifications or similar within aerospace, aviation or automotive is preferred.
- Simulink experience
- Experience with coupled loads analysis to define the payload mechanical environment
- BIG vision to reshape the multi-billion launch market
- Ability to work as a member of a cross-functional team
- Ability to add something unique and positive to our team
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be part of an innovative team that designs, builds and flies rockets? Put your skills to work and see if you have what it takes to become a part of the new frontier of rocket science.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
VECTOR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Each individual has the right to work in a professional environment that promotes equal employment opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.