Peraton is the world’s leading mission capability integrator
The contract provides Mission Systems Engineering & Integration (MSE&I) support for a government customer in the areas of space systems Tracking, Transport and Ground segments. The role of team is to ensure the segments operate in unison to support mission scenarios and experiments, System, cross-Segment, and external dependencies and interfaces are understood, documented, and managed; Systems engineering support is provided to system-level and segment level systems engineering activities so that they have support beyond what is provided by the space vehicle (SV) and ground contracts; and Gaps in support for launch operations, mission operations, security, information technology (IT), and other areas have a means for closure.
The successful candidate for the Space Communications Mission Systems and Integration Lead role will lead the Communication Mission Focus Area Team for a new program at Peraton, focused on Mission Integration and System Engineering of a new Space Domain Communication architecture. Leads the integration of the Transport Mission capabilities to deliver mission capability including an interoperable mesh network of satellites to provide periodic low-latency and high-capacity data connectivity using Optical Intersatellite Links (OISL) and downlink over tactical Link-16 data links over a given area of responsibility (AoR). Leads the integration of two (2) Satellite Vehicle (SV) vendor solutions, building a total of 20 space vehicles for the initial mesh network capability. Provides technical expertise to analyze SV vendor specs, requirements, and design to ensure mission closure. Working with both SV vendors, identify gaps in the system architecture and interfaces and refine the CONOPS based upon expected Segment capabilities.
Specific Tasks include:
- Lead the Optical (OISL) Mission Integration activities.
- Support the Capstone detailed design, analysis, planning, and integration activities
- Ensure the detailed Mission Operations integration plan in coordination with stakeholders
- Work with the stakeholders (Segments, Users, Partners) to define operational details, lower-level use cases (mission elements or components), requirements, interfaces, and controlling documents.
- Evaluate the demonstrations, simulations, and testing required to demonstrate mission capability and document the interfaces, internal and external operations and resources required to successfully accomplish them.
- Develop planning documents, memorandums of agreement or understanding with external agencies as required, and any other documentation required.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of the Systems Engineering/Analysis staff of 5 Peraton personnel/subcontractors.
- Develops systems analysis standards and methodology consistent with technical requirements.
- Schedules staff to obtain proper response in a timely manner. Reviews recommendations for systems improvement.
- 10+ years supporting integration activities for similar satellite communication systems
- Ability to use standard tools for required COMM analyses
- Experience defining the space to ground interface requirements for a COMM transport satellite
- Excellent ability to present status to Senior Government leaders
- Experience leading a small (3-8) team of engineers
- Willing to travel to Government/Vendor sites as needed for integration activities
- 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with PhD.
- Minimum TS Clearance required
- Previous experience with Space Optical Communication
- Previous experience with IP-based Networking in space
- Previous experience with test and integration of tactical data links (Link-16, IBS) into new platforms
- SAFe Agile Training, Professional Certification, & Hands-On Implementation experience