Peraton is the world’s leading mission capability integrator
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the worlds leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the cant be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Peraton is seeking a Sr Principal Engineer Systems who will be responsible for:
- Performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Analysis at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performing functional analysis, timeline analysis, security and vulnerability analysis.
Specific areas of support will include:
Change management participant / reviewer
- Incident Management Process/Triage/High Priority Responses (likely the bridge between technical and management conference calls)
- Risk Management participant / reviewer
- Deliverables Contributor/Author/Editor
- Security Systems process documentation/risk analysis/event review/priority incident response
- Security awareness of NIST publications, IRS publications, corporate and industry standards
- Application and review of guidelines and standards to address customer contractual requirements
Client network architecture
- Understanding of firewall, switch, router, etc. configuration
- Primary reviewer on any architecture change/update
- Secondary administration role
Root Cause Analysis Contributor/Author
- Business and proposal support
- Preparation for re-compete
- Transition from current contract environment to post-award environment (assuming contract win)
- 9 Years of experience with a Bachelors in Science degree; OR 7 years of experience with a Masters degree; OR 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Performed and delivered support and services in a Security position
- Experience designing, developing and implementing of technical solutions involving applications, systems architecture, network systems and applications infrastructure
- Experience providing oversight and guidance administering technical policies such as firewall rules, port access, protocols, etc.
- Experience establishing, tracking and report security requirements to ensure adherence to corporate, industry and customer specifications
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance