Peraton is the world’s leading mission capability integrator
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the worlds leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the cant be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Peraton is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team in San Diego, CA. Systems Engineers guide engineering teams in taking a multi-discipline approach to requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the National System of Geospatial-intelligence (NSG), Allied System of Geospatial-intelligence (ASG) and Federal Agencies to ensure timely and accurate GEOINT.
Additional responsibilites are:
- Guides Mid-level and Junior-level system engineers performing requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis.
- Guides the planning, analysis/traceability of user requirements, architectures traceability, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review cloud service capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Guides Mid-level and Junior-level system engineers developing solutions designs based on analysis of requirements and new technology.
- Assists the Government in the capture and translation of mission and customer requirements/needs into systems/capability requirements and solutions.
- Supports the analyses and allocation of requirements to systems architecture components and executing programs.
- Assists the Government in performing systems integration activities.
- Assists the Government in strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management and interface design.
- Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle.
- Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics.
- Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods.
- Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements.
- Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development.
- Designs interfaces and brings system elements together so they work as a whole.
- Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements.
- Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts.
- Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements.
- Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation.
- Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures.
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent) with 12 – 15 yrs of experience or a Master’s with 10 – 13 yrs of experience.
- Senior-level working experience in government or industry in relevant work areas including: DoD/IC
- Acquisition Process, Requirements Process, PPBES Process or system engineering of large complex
- System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environments.
- Experience with and strong understanding of systems engineering. lifecycle.
- Sec+ and MCSA.
- An active TS clearance with ability to obtain SCI.