Fearlessly solving the most complex national security challenges
Join our IVCS engineering support services team in Pascagoula, MS. Our group supports our NIWC Atlantic customer for the Interior Communications (IC) Voice solutions family of systems collectively referred to as Integrated Voice Communications Network (IVCN). IVCN includes Integrated Voice Communication System (IVCS), Ship Service Telephone System (SSTS), Integrated Voice Network (IVN), Announcing systems, Shipboard Air Traffic Control Communication (SATCC), Hierarchial Yet Dynamically Programmable Architecture (HYDRA) and Ship-wide Interior Wireless Communications System (SIWCS). The support encompasses engineering and technical support services, scientific/engineering analysis and studies, test and evaluation, technical data support, field engineering services, integrated logistics support, configuration management, management support services, and data management support.
What you will do…
Under the IVCS support contract, Peraton is seeking a new Systems Engineer – Junior Level position to perform shipyard duties pertaining to DDG, LPD and LHA ship new construction efforts of IC Voice systems. The open position responsibilities are listed below.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) for ongoing tasks and quick response efforts to emergent requirements at Naval Shipyard in Pascagoula, MS
- Trouble shooting and resolution of IC Voice system related technical issues
- Technical support to conduct and/or support ship checks
- Serve as program liaison for technical advice and guidance to other engineering activities regarding IC Voice system efforts
- Prepare and deliver presentations and reports to colleagues and government customer representatives
- Submit a trip report when travel is required
- Participate in Shipyard Configuration Change Meetings and Program Reviews
- Provide a variety of technical support involving IC Voice system hardware and software
- Participate in milestone events, witness tests events, coordinate system installation with the shipyard engineering staff, ride ships during contractor trials and Combat System Ship Qualification Trials (CSSQT), develop and review trials cards, interface with combat system test engineers to resolve problems with shipboard testing or equipment, and function as the IC Voice system liaison for shipboard test events
- Interface with shipyard personnel, ships’ force personnel, design and production personnel, other equipment vendors, and management personnel to monitor systems testing, operation, or maintenance issues
- Provide technical recommendations regarding training issues, maintenance issues, installation issues, configuration tracking issues, interface issues with ships’ systems and equipment, drawing issues, or technical documentation issues
- BS 0-2 Years or HS 4-6
- Five (5) years of hands-on experience with IVCS or other Combat Systems, to include three (3) of the following five (5) areas: Systems Requirements, Operational Requirements, Data Analysis, Test &
- Evaluation, and Training. Experience may be achieved simultaneously. Recognized expert who has demonstrated industry and/or public service (e.g., federal, state, or local) leadership in USN Combat Systems
- 5 to 7 years shipboard installation and maintenance experience
- Ability to gain and maintain access to shipyards and government facilities as required by contract
- Interpret technical drawings or publications in order to execute a specific task
- Quickly adapt and understand new system installations through independent study, research, and comprehension
- Ability to work in a shipboard environment
- Must be able to obtain and hold a DoD Secret clearance
- Work well in a team environment
- Ability to use a computer (email, basic office applications)
- Good communication, dependability, flexibility, and time management skills
- Experience with Navy New Ship Constriction Program
- Experience with running and mapping out cable runs
- At Peraton, our benefits are designed to help keep you at your best, beyond the work you do with us daily.
- We are fully committed to the growth of our employees.
- From fully comprehensive medical plans, to tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance, and fertility treatment, we are there to support you all the way.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
FOR COLORADO RESIDENTS
- Colorado Salary Minimum: $43,500
- Colorado Salary Maximum: $105,500The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton’s total compensation package for employees.
- Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace