Peraton is the world’s leading mission capability integrator
drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the worlds leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the cant be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
- Peraton is looking for a System Administrator who will be responsible for maintaining MS Windows and Red Hat servers and workstations, as well as demonstrate best IT security concepts and practices for the Space Network Ground Segment Sustainment (SGSS) Project. The position is located at the NASA White Sands Complex in Las Cruces, NM.
- Peraton is the prime contractor for NASA at the White Sands Complex (WSC) near Las Cruces, New Mexico. Operating here are two functionally identical satellite ground terminals: The White Sands Ground Terminal, and the Second TDRSS Ground Terminal. These ground terminals ensure uninterrupted communications between various ground stations, NASAs orbiting fleet of Tracking and Data Relay Satellites (TDRS), customer spacecraft (satellites), and the computer systems that support such spacecraft. WSC serves as an interface for distributing satellite data to control centers and scientists who then use the daily influx of data to expand our ever-growing knowledge of the Earth and the universe.
This position will be responsible for:
- Designs, develops, programs, installs, tests, documents, implements, conducts research for and maintains computer systems and utilities.
- Analyzes internal or external customers needs and determines equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
- Develops customized solutions to customer/user problems.
- Establishes system parameters and formats, ensures hardware and software compatibility, and coordinates and/or modifies user requirements in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities.
- Revises existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- Maintains smooth operation of a multi-user computer system, including local area networks.
- May include setting up user accounts, maintaining documentation and installing system-wide software and allocation of mass storage space.
- Coordinates electronic office systems activities.
- Recommends HW/SW purchases and coordinates installation.
- Contributes to the development of policies and monitors policies and standards for allocation and use.
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery plan for area of responsibility.
- Carries out responsibilities in compliance within established security guidelines.
Additional skillsets and responsibilities:
- Prior MS Windows system administration experience, includingActive directory experience in Server 2008R2/2012R2/2016
- GPO creation and management
- WSUS management
- IIS management
- Prior Red Hat Enterprise (RHEL) system administration experience, includingRPM patch management (Spacewalk experience a plus)
- Shell scripting
- Knowledge of distributed file systems and disk quota management
- Experience with VMWare product suite a strong plus, includingESXi Server infrastructure vCenter configuration and management knowledge
vMotion configuration and management knowledge
- Experience with SIEM tools a strong plus
- Experience with industry-wide IT security tools, appliances, and software packages
- Experience with server monitoring, capacity management, and event alert response
- Experience with system event log configuration
- Basic knowledge of packet routing, and firewall maintenance
- Creation and publication of local operating procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and provide deliverables by established deadlines.
- A Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in computer science, or other related science.
- 1 years experience MS Windows and Red Hat Linux administration
- 1 years experience with Linux OS terminal command line.
- 1 years experience working with cyber (IT) security concepts.
- Security clearance – must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
- 3+ years experience MS Windows and Red Hat Linux administration
- 3+ years experience with Linux OS terminal command line.
- 3+ years experience working with cyber (IT) security concepts.
- Completed Security + certification.
- Experience, or ability to learn in a large scale, dynamic environment requiring immediate problem response.
- Experience in root cause analysis.
- Experience in performing credentialed scans utilizing Tenable Nessus Pro Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.