Fearlessly solving the most complex national security challenges
Overall Assignment Description:
Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Imagery Scientist (IS) has a detailed understanding of radar phenomenology from the signal processing phase and the resulting information delivered in the complex phase history data for intelligence exploitation across the enterprise. They understand the application of non-literal imagery and how to apply complex mathematical algorithms to extract relevant intelligence information. They have developed numerous testing plans to evaluate the performance of a variety of types of algorithms when applied to radar data in order to support Order of Battle. The IS possess the knowledge of how to design performance testing to verify and validate a broad range of radar based algorithms. The results of this developed process shall be incorporated into all future radar based algorithms development for application to NSG radar data.
The IS will work as a team member of the NSG Radar Ground program using best practices from other NGA programs and organizations working on algorithm verification and validation. Providing matrixed support to the ATT Sensor Engagement Lead for Radar, the IS serves as a key member of the customer’s technical team and a focal point for mission engineering, mission integration, and development oversight.
Duties may include:
- Engage with customers and users to define future enterprise-level capabilities
- Lead or participate in customer and program strategic and tactical planning activities relevant to Radar
- Lead or participate in the development of radar process that will be included in the overall enterprise system architectures to test, verify and validate Radar algorithms
- Assess new technologies and their overall performance
- Conduct Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs) and provide data-driven recommendations
- Leverage SAR experiences to provide insight on the development of key technical products, such as capability roadmaps, CONOPS documents, and white papers
- Leverage SAR experiences to provide insight on the identification, tracking, mitigation, and resolution technical risks and issues to ensure the timely, functionally efficient, and cost effective stand-up of new capabilities
- Identify project key decision points and provide Go/No-Go recommendations
- Conduct user outreach to communicate enterprise-level architecture changes, operational concepts, and project status, and accept user inputs for optimization of delivery plans
- Produce weekly activity reports for use by government customers and the program
- Ability to develop and present effective technical presentations to senior management and to technical/non-technical audiences; must possess strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences; and conduct issue coordination within and across agencies
- Ability to work with customers to resolve technical and programmatic issues
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Imagery Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related STEM degree program, or related equivalent additional experience.
- 12+ years of experience working in government or industry in relevant work areas including: DoD/IC
- Acquisition Process, Requirements Process, PPBES Process or systems engineering of large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture environments residing in cloud, on premise, or hybrid infrastructures.
- 7+ years of SAR imagery science with a minimum of 4 years of recent agency-specific experience.
- 5+ years of related experience with systems engineering, systems integration, or systems development.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Imagery Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related STEM degree program.
- 5+ years of experience in the SAR discipline of GEOINT analytic tradecraft designing and testing algorithm performance.
- 3+ years of experience in the use or engineering of GIS applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the ODNI Analytic Modernization effort and its supporting elements, including ABI and SOM.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace