Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the worlds leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the cant be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Peraton is hiring a Principal/Sr Principal Software Development Test Engineer for the HART program located in Fairfax, Virginia. Remote/Tele-working is possible for this position.
In this role, you will:
- Support test automation team in writing step definitions, data harnesses, debugging, mentoring other testers in ruby code.
- Perform formal system testing activities for a particular project or subset of a larger project.
- Perform analysis of documented user requirements and directs or assists in the design of test plans in support of user requirements for moderately complex to complex software or IT systems.
- May participate in all phases of risk management assessment and software/hardware development.
- Responsible for ensuring that the test design and documentation support all applicable clients, agency or industry standards time lines and budgets.
- Responsible for ensuring that testing conclusions and recommendations are fully supported by test results, and project managers are fully informed of testing status and application deviations from documented user requirements.
- Participate in development of test plans for complex systems in accordance with overall testing strategy.
- Participate in the full life cycle of an agile project and design and execute manual and automated test scripts.
- Develop, maintain and debug Ruby code.
- Develop and execute maintainable automation tests in Cucumber (Gherkin and Ruby) for acceptance, functional, system, and regression test cases.
- Investigate and debug test failures, updating tests or reporting bugs as necessary and provide test coverage analysis based on automation results.
- Participation in sprint planning and backlog refinement: estimation sessions to define acceptance criteria, ensures that the team’s acceptance criteria for stories and tasks is appropriate and being met universally.
- Quality Assurance to ensure full functional testing of new features being added every sprint, as well as full regression testing for all previously implemented functionality in every sprint.
- Collaborate with development organization to understand how development changes affect ongoing Automation efforts.
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test object developed and test environments used.
- Assist in the creation of test project status reports and metrics and provide weekly and monthly status to the management.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences.
- Interface with the customer on a daily basis and present tests during the Sprint Demo meetings with the ability to describe the function and how the test demonstrates the user story and requirements.
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of 5 years development experience in Ruby, Java, C++ or the like using an Agile development lifecycle.
- Minimum of 5 years utilizing testing tools such as Cucumber, Runit, or TestNG.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing and maintaining automated testing framework and infrastructure.
- Minimum of 5 years experience developing automated test plans, test scenarios, test scripts, acceptance criteria, test data, investigating, and debugging test failures, updating tests or reporting bugs as necessary.
- US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD clearance.
- Experience with development in Ruby.
- Experience using Regular Expressions.
- Certifications such as PSM, CSM or PMI-ACP.
- Experience with Cucumber BDD.
- Experience in integrating project testing with continuous-integration process.
- Experience with cloud native microservices, Openshift, Docker, Jenkins, Go, multi-threading, SOAP/REST, object oriented design and design patterns.
- Experience in capturing and reusing automated Unit Test cases, Test Stubs and Drivers and other development test objects.
- Experience in using risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain and execute automated test suites to perform automated dynamic testing.
- Experience in using Jira, Confluence, Xray and Bitbucket.
- Proficient in Extensible Markup Language (XML).