Building the next generation of plasma propulsion.
Electrical systems play a central and critical role in our core technology. As Phase Four continues to deliver its RF Thrusters to government and commercial customers, you will work to help us scale our efforts within the electric propulsion market.
- Design, optimize, build, and test spacecraft electronics, focusing on embedded systems, data handling, and sensor interfacing
- Rapidly test and optimize critical spacecraft and laboratory electrical systems
- Start to finish PCB design, including requirements definition, design, prototyping, verification (power-on, functional / acceptance / qualification testing) and release to production.
- Environmental and EMI/EMC testing, and spaceflight readiness testing on all components
- Interface with scientists and engineers across the company and with external companies and organizations.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of electrical systems development
- Demonstrated ability to take on new, complex electrical engineering problems from scratch
- Demonstrated knowledge of high speed analog, digital, and mixed signal design, simulation and analysis
- Demonstrated ability in schematic capture and layout of PCBs with optimizations for speed, noise mitigation, thermal management, and manufacturability.
- Familiarity with avionics design, fabrication, test, qualification and delivery
- Experience with MCUs and digital communication (UART/RS422/SPI) for space environments and applications
- Excellent communication skills in writing and in-person presentations
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment
- Familiar with programming languages C and Python
- Experience working with RF technologies
- Experience with EMI/EMC testing of aerospace hardware
- Experience with radiation testing of electronic prototypes