Building the next generation of plasma propulsion.
The desired Director of Production will manage production activities in support of the Company’s propulsion systems.
- Reports to the CTO
- Manages production program schedule with CTO, Chief Engineer and Manufacturing Engineer
- Responsible for developing and managing production workflows and procedures
- Reviews, accepts, or rejects production procedures in sufficient time ahead of production run commencement
- Interfaces directly with Chief Engineer & Manufacturing Engineer to ensure product designs and production procedures are ready ahead of production run commencement
- Interfaces with the Lead Manufacturing Specialist to achieve production throughput on schedule
- Interfaces directly with Buyer-Planner and Manufacturing Engineer to secure flight hardware inventory and tooling ahead of production run commencement
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Ensures production safety standards (both internal and OSHA/etc).
- Perform other duties as required
- Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with high levels of collaboration with cross-functional teams at every level
- Familiarity with AS9100, 5S quality assurance processes and procedures
- Ability to create, read, and explain value stream maps of complex processes.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to adapt to any situation’s needs.
- General knowledge of supply-chain manufacturing and procurement processes
- Proactive in offering assistance to direct team members, supervisor, and cross-departmental teams
- Experience with either building or scaling production / understands what mass production looks like
- Proficient with G Suite, Microsoft Office Suite or related software (to include CAD)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Master’s in Engineering or Program Management
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing engineering or integration within Aerospace & Defense industry