Building the next generation of plasma propulsion.
The desired Lead Fluid Systems Engineer will provide engineering support for the design, application and implementation of propellant delivery systems as well as future company products tied to electric and chemical propulsion systems. Phase Four is in a rapid growth stage where mid to senior level experience is desired to scale appropriately – join us!
- Responsible for the design and route fluid subsystems (i.e., pressurization, pneumatics, flow rate control).
- Responsible for delivery of completed designs using best draft practicing per ASME Y14.5 GD&T standards along with clear and well documented analysis reports
- Work closely with other groups to ensure your systems work together, resolving issues with calculated risk
- Responsible for testing data and troubleshoot issues that arise in fluid systems and components via root cause analysis and corrective action determination
- Responsible for following design efforts, lead and participate in component and system level testing and data analysis
- Responsible for defining and contributing to test apparatus and propellant fill/drain hardware
- To be successful in this role good project management skills are necessary including vendor management, scheduling and resource allocation, and budget tracking
- Perform other duties as required
- Experience with fluid components (i.e., solenoid valves, regulators, pressure vessels and instrumentation)
- Experience with CAD programs (Solidworks preferred) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) programs (ANSYS Preferred)Experience with electric or liquid propulsion systems within Aerospace & Defense or equivalent type fluid systems and components
- Demonstrated experience with fluid system component design or test
- Solid understanding of fluid components such as valves, regulators, and fittings
- Knowledge of fabrication, integration processes and quality control relative to tubes/piping and machined components
- Knowledge of engineering standards and best practices
- Working knowledge of materials and treatments
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Ability to work independently to identify and address issues with strong attention to detail
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering or Fluid Dynamics
- 5+ years of experience in propulsion engineering position with relevant fluid systems experience