Building the next generation of plasma propulsion.
Join us at Phase Four as we deliver cutting edge electric propulsion to thousands of spacecraft over the next decade. We enable large constellations of satellites in low earth orbit (LEO) and beyond. Our plasma thruster enables new missions for satellites with next-generation propellants, while eliminating the primary failure points of legacy technologies.
As a Manufacturing Manager, you will take ownership of all manufacturing operations to support high-rate production in accordance with overall program objectives in a manufacturing environment. You will lead and direct the production team in support of manufacturing and supply chain. You will leverage design for manufacturing and design for assembly where possible and identify improvement opportunities across manufacturing and supply chain processes. You will serve as the technical subject matter expert of the production team and identify requirements for capabilities, resources, and capacity for high-rate production. A successful candidate for this role will demonstrate exceptional leadership, integrity, empathy, technical acumen, and a strong work ethic to support the team.
- Lead, manage, and serve as the primary point of contact for the operations team in manufacturing environment
- Responsible for managing the complete manufacturing process within predefined areas and ensuring safety at all times
- Identify, assess, and staff the appropriate skillsets required
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the manufacturing team and implement cross-training to establish career development plans
- Provide leadership/direction to ensure all opportunities for process improvements are systematically identified, pursued and supported
- Responsible for technicians and on-floor activities of key assembly and/or service work centers
- Act as the liaison between design engineering, programs, manufacturing, supply chain, and testing.
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports
- Monitor and create actions for key department metrics while supporting production schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to key stakeholders
- Direct and lead activities of a cross functional production team responsible for continuous improvements to the cost, quality and schedule of its product line
- Establish and increase the efficiency of processes to maximize output, limit burden, qualify manufacturing equipment and enable products to rapidly transition from engineering development to high rate production
- Assist in identifying root cause of manufacturing issues and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence as part of the Material Review Board.
- Partner with peer engineering teams to implement design changes in response to manufacturing and supply chain issues, customer challenges, new architectures, and departmental standardization initiatives
- Manage the assembly, integration, test, modification, and repair of production assemblies in order to guarantee achievement of on time delivery, cost and quality targets
- Capacity planning of equipment and personnel
- Develop and assure adequate machine maintenance schedules and back-up spares availability
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 5+ years in manufacturing and/or supply chain
- 5+ years in engineering
- 3+ years experience leading a team
- Experience with CAD software (SolidWorks/Altium)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization, including production technicians, engineering and executives
- Proven experience and ability to read, interpret, and follow fluid schematics, engineering drawings, circuit layouts, and parts list
- Knowledge of precision machining and manufacturing of precision parts
- Experience in the Aerospace Industry
- 7+ years in manufacturing and/or supply chain
- 7+ years in engineering
- 5+ years of experience leading a team
- Experience creating and delivering presentations to management
- Demonstrated ability to aggregate, visualize, and analyze data to make informed decisions
- Familiarity with PCBA manufacturing, electromechanical assembly, fluids/propulsion production, mechanisms fabrication, and structure integration
- Demonstrated ability to scale manufacturing rate capability and improve labor efficiency
- Intimate knowledge of fluids, electronics, harnesses, magnets, valves and regulators, and/or the ability to work towards achieving strong product knowledge
- Hands-on experience with fluid and/or gas handling systems
- Experience using test instrumentation and control components (pressure transducers, thermocouples, resistance temperature detectors, relays, solenoid valves, etc.
- Phase Four offers competitive salary and equity, comprehensive health benefits, vacation policy and more!
- This job posting may span more than one career level. The base salary range for this position is $138,000 – $180,000. Actual compensation on this range varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including prior experience, and skill set.
- 100% COVID vaccination policy amongst employees (full time and part time) – must show proof of vaccination prior to start date.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.