Building the next generation of plasma propulsion.
- Ownership of design for novel test fixtures, test setups, and test stands to be used for research and development, and/or for production requirements
- Design and analyze structures, fluid systems, mechanisms, and integration of test stands
- Develop test procedures based on test asset capabilities and requirements
- Independently analyze, summarize, and distribute test data and preliminary test results with engineering team
- Lead anomaly investigations and work toward resolution
- Assist in the tracking and servicing of critical calibrated instrumentation
- Bachelor’s Degree related to the fields of Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering
- At least 2 years of experience related to designing and building mechanical structures, or testing and development of mechanical/electro-mechanical components or systems on a project team
- Demonstrated ability to fabricate or build test setups including considerations of: instrumentation, data acquisition, electrical and wire harnesses, pressure gas systems, gas sublimation, high voltage electrical systems, strain gauges, deflection gauges, accelerometers.
- Advanced communication skills for reading and collaboration on technical diagrams, drawings
- Experienced in designing and managing machine shop tool & workbench organization, proper use of PPE, Illness and Injury Prevention practices, and Hazardous materials handling.
- Master’s degree or higher related to the fields of Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering
- Steel and/or aluminum weldment design and analysis
- Data acquisition and controls experience
- Experience with satellite communications systems or integration