Intellian is a leading global provider of stabilized satellite antenna systems. Built upon our patented RF, stabilization and tracking technologies, our products support a wide range of industries, including Commercial Maritime, Offshore Energy, Defense & Intelligence and Luxury Yachting. Our comprehensive range of antenna systems includes Satellite TV, VSAT, Global Xpress, FleetBroadband and Iridium Certus solutions.
Will apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to lead activities to plan, design, develop and verify complex antenna/array systems – communication, sensor, electronic, and other electromagnetic systems and components. This position will evaluate customer and /operational needs to define and coordinate antenna/array system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters, and assure compatibility of all physical, functional, and program interfaces.
- Work with a cross-functional teams of mechanical, electrical, RF and systems engineers in the development of terminal solutions
- Lead the development of low cost manufactured AESA antenna systems primarily targeted for mobility applications in both Ka and Ku bands
- Design, simulation, prototyping, test, analyze, integrate, qualify and document antenna hardware systems
- Assess and oversee the regulatory certification for new AESA antennas with global and regional standards such as FCC, ITU Recommendation, and ETSI etc
- Lead development activities on new antenna architectures and designs
- Conduct root-cause analyses and technical investigations to isolate challenges and determine solutions for complex hardware/software solutions
- Provide engineering assistance to productization and manufacturing teams, Technical service and product teams.
- Write technical materials for both internal and external communications including program reviews, proposals, white papers, industry marketing literature, etc.
- Plan, set up and undertake controlled experiments and trials while recording and analyzing data
- Effectively transfers antenna designs to manufacturing, and ensure products meet specifications and quality requirements.
- Supports or leads the generation of specification and test documents create original electrical designs and work jointly with Mechanical Engineering, CAD Designers, Manufacturing to ensure efficient manufacturing of hardware.
- Infrequent travel to Korea and other international locations for short periods may be required.
- Travel 20%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, master’s preferred.
- Eight (8)+ years of practical experience in AESA antenna design in Ku and Ka frequency bands
- Experience in design, prototyping, simulation and testing of Electronically Steerable Antenna (ESA) arrays (e.g. Phased Array, Lens antennas) as well as beam former structures
- Practical knowledge in designing and development of RF active components for element array antennas
- Familiarity with designing both linear and circular-polarized antennas and the associated RF components such as TRJ, OMT, polarizers etc
- Ability and knowledge to drive the antenna qualification with antenna range measurements, both near- and far-field test range.
- Experience in regimentally managing development contracts with 3rd party developers to delivery within budget and schedule
- Experience in using de-facto industrial standard software platforms such as CST, HFSS, etc for verification of antenna design and result simulation before prototyping stages
- Familiarity with US Military satellite communications standards (such as MIL-STD-188-164B) and airborne standards (such as DO160, AS9100).
- Have significant knowledge of antenna designs (e.g., dipole, horn, small antennas, wideband antennas, high gain antennas, arrays)
- Characterize antenna radar cross section, radiation patterns, impedance match, polarization, etc.