Daily Earth Data to See Change and Make Better Decisions
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet’s data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
The Quality Engineering team at Planet focuses on validating customer-facing applications. This ranges from web based applications where users can explore and visualize Earth, a platform that enables to ingest imagery, building tools, and monitoring with Planet analytics.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to join our team to help us in building test automation and delivering high quality software.
- Develop and maintain UI automated test cases using Selenium and Python
- Take ownership of validating features and test automation from planning, test execution to release.
- Troubleshoot issues down to the root cause and provide detailed bug reports.
- Detail oriented, highly adaptable and acts as a customer advocate for quality.
The Must Haves:
- 2+ years of experience in software testing and automation
- Strong experience in developing test automation using Python.
- Strong experience in testing APIs and UI applications
- Experience using Docker and containerized architectures
- Good understanding of Continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) such as Gitlab, Jenkins.
- Experience of geospatial concepts
- Experience in Agile development environment
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits