Using space to help life on Earth
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet’s data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role
In September 2020, Norway’s Ministry of Climate and Environment awarded KSAT, Planet, and Airbus a contract to bring comprehensive access to high-resolution (<5m) satellite monitoring of the tropics to help stop deforestation and combat climate change.
Since then, this unique and distinct Partnership has been advancing the mission of Norway’s International climate and forest Initiative (NICFI), which aims to protect the world’s tropical forests and provide sustainable pathways to economic development for tropical forest communities and countries.
We are looking to strengthen the Customer Success team that manages our Forestry and Land Use business with a professional that brings in hands-on industry experience and domain knowledge.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Confidently act as a subject matter expert in the field of Tropical Forestry/REDD+, climate change and sustainability
- Planning, implementation and control of program goals and and objectives
- Manage user outreach and community engagement via workshops, webinars, trainings and users surveys among others
- Communicating and translating client requirements and feedback to the Product, Strategy, and
- Business Development teams
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of best practices in the field of Forestry and Land Use, REDD+ climate change and sustainability and provide feedback to our product development team
- Contribute to our growth by attracting new customers and building new partnerships leveraging your existing network
- Own and grow relationships with program stakeholders
What You Bring:
- Advanced degree in Forestry, Remote Sensing, Geography, GIS or related field
- Extensive experience in program management having successfully delivered large scale multi-lateral programs in the REDD+ Tropical forest management domain
- Demonstrated experience in organizational and team management in complex structured contracts with varied teams and stakeholders
- 5+ years of working experience at an international level related to forest and land use management
- Experience in Latin America, South East Asia, or Africa is beneficial
- Works well across distributed and cross-functional teams; strong ability to lead and influence others
- Exceptional customer communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Knowledge of French, Spanish or Portuguese is an advantage
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Be part of a vibrant international company of 45+ nationalities with office locations in different countries
- Sense of belonging in a diverse and inclusive culture
- Experience a fast-paced spacetech environment
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events
- Personal development with annual L&D budget
- Join our regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Employee Resource Groups that provide safe and empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
- Give back to the community by using one day per quarter for charitable work as part of our 1% Pledge
- Health programs and flexible working hours to support work life balance
- Be part of our growth: we offer RSUs for our employees
- Daily virtual mindful bodywork sessions to stay healthy
- We offer equipment and wellbeing support during these challenging times
- Enjoy a spacious central office located in U/S-bahn Zoologischer Garten
- Employees’ well-being is our top priority: on site massages, snacks, fruits, drinks and company lunches
- Additional contributions to Company Pension schemes
- Enjoy unique offers and discounts for companies/web shops
- Additional Company Holidays
Some Press and Blog Posts About Us:
- Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and at a recent Dreamforce Talk
- “Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please… do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.