Using space to help life on Earth
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet’s data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About The Role:
Our Regional Sales Lead will develop new business sales by building and qualifying on a diverse set of pre-existing and incoming leads for our DACH region. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and can think laterally to bring our imagery data into new market segments. The sales lead would focus on several markets, including agriculture, forestry, natural resources, energy, environmental institutes and would work on both direct and partner-led opportunities. You will identify, qualify, negotiate and close large-scale complex deals and drive sales revenue targets for the region . Preferably, you have affinity with geo-spatial and/or imagery products, and know the customer segments in the regional market. You will be a positive thinker and relish the challenge of solution selling through the creation of business value with our propositions.
You will work with the Sales Development Representative team, the Customer Success team, Marketing and the Channel team to develop an extensive pipeline of new sales leads; provide demonstrations to prospective customers working with our pre-sales engineers and formulate appropriate value based business relationships with accounts.
The candidate will be expected to travel and will work from home in the region and/or in our Berlin office.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Identify and target key prospects in your region
- Develop new business relationships with end users
- Manage and grow the pipeline effectively
- Close sales and manage customer expectations as company grows
- Identify channel and reseller relationships to expand market presence
- Seek out new partnerships as needed to develop vertical markets
- Manage proposal generation and pricing work as needed
- Use of Salesforce and related CRM tools
- Team selling with Pre-Sales and Product Management
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of related experience in an International sales environment and / or spatial imagery in the region
- Strong enterprise and/or SaaS technical sales experience required along with a demonstrated track record of success
- Ability to source, sell, co-sell, and close large deals; carrying quota and closing should be familiar concepts
- Success in acting as a bridge between the company and its current market and future markets
- Efficiency in gathering market and customer info to enable negotiations regarding variations in prices, delivery and customer specifications to their managers.
- Excellent communication skills, including multiple languages
- German native speaker
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in start-up environment
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- The ability to interact successfully across cultures
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Live in Germany
- Thrive in an agile and fast growing environment
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Product development & product positioning experience
- Sales Ops experience (CRM, collateral development, pipeline tracking, etc)
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
- Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
- “Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
- Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
- “Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please… do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.