Using space to help life on Earth
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet’s data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
About Planet Developer Relations:
At Planet, the Developer Relations team focuses on engaging and empowering developers. Our job is to enable technical users (including programmers, data scientists, GIS analysts and others) to do great things using Planet’s APIs and imagery. As a team we collectively strive to better understand our developer community so that we can equip them for success by building the tools and resources they need. Ultimately we work to make Planet’s platform & data visible, accessible, and actionable.
Impact you’ll own:
- Play a central role in development of Planet’s spatial data tooling, empowering customers and internal
- Planet developers to quickly and more effectively derive value from Planet’s data.
- Steer development of tools and resources to make spatial insights more accessible to developers new to spatial concepts.
- Provide guidance to the architectural design and development of Planet’s SDKs
- Enable high-impact use of Planet’s data and platform by leading efforts to grow the Open Source
- Geospatial ecosystem
- Actively engage with Planet’s developer community to develop a deeper understanding of user challenges and needs
- Share expertise and experience with our users by authoring technical blog posts, white papers, guides to best practices, code examples and more
- Contribute to Planet’s efforts to sustainably grow a more diverse pool of developers by mentoring new developers, including participants in Planet’s Engineering Apprenticeship Program
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
- Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
- “Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
- Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
- “Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please… do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.