Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth. Planet designs, build and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet’s data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
We are looking for a Scrum Master and provide a temporary contract, full-time, 40 hours a week.
About the Role:
As a Scrum Master at Planet you will work with software teams in Berlin, helping them deliver in an agile and sustainable way. You will use your understanding of the Scrum framework to improve collaboration between software developers, product owner and management by teaching your colleagues to focus on the value and communicate in a transparent way. You will be the servant-leader providing timely feedback, facilitating retrospectives and guiding the teams toward self-organisation.
Impact you’ll own
- Support the Platform team in building APIs and web based UIs by using agile methods, frameworks, and tools to ensure that the teams are engaged in continuous delivery and learning
- Manage the sprint life cycle – grooming, planning, stand-ups, retros and demos
- Continuously inspect and adapt your practices and those of your teams
- Sync with the Product Managers to keep Engineering aligned with the product goals
What you bring:
- 2+ years of experience as Scrum Master or Agile Coach (Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean)
- Extended knowledge around agile methodologies, processes and tools
- Coaching, mentoring and supporting of software development teams
- Strong communication skills in English
What makes you stand out:
- Good moderation skills
- Great empathy and ability to mediate conflicts
- JIRA mastership
- Experience in software development
Benefits while working at Planet:
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development
- A highly talented, passionate and international team that revolutionizes the space industry
- A modern working environment with flexible working hours
- Free drinks, vegetables, fruits and snacks, plus company lunch
- Health promotion program and regular team events
- Additional holidays & volunteering time off
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please… do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.