Using space to help life on Earth
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet’s data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We are looking for Sales Development Representatives for a high-growth Sales organization with a focus on generating new business across all product lines. If you are looking to get into sales and have the ability to learn about a product quickly, this is a great opportunity to start your sales career.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Aid in the development of pipeline and territory sales growth
- Hunt, prospect and qualify new sales and marketing leads
- Effectively pass leads to in-territory sales reps – and follow up on pipeline progression
- Use prospecting solutions to find new contacts and Planet customers in your territory
- Define and communicate marketing support requests to regional marketing teams
- Strategically build relationships with partners and customers
What You Bring:
- Experience selling a product or service to an enterprise, commercial or government customer
- A demonstrated ability to learn complex topics and explain them to a lay audience
- Great enthusiasm for speaking to new prospects about Planet’s value proposition
- Your desire to succeed both personally to grow your career and to help your team as well
- Excellent communication skills via email, phone or other means
- Genuine interest in satellite imaging
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and German
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Knowledge of satellite imaging, earth observation, or remote sensing industry
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Previous experience using sales engagement platforms – Groove, SalesLoft, Outreach, Sales Navigator
- Previous experience in sales or marketing
- Bachelor’s degree
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Be part of a vibrant international company of 45+ nationalities with office locations in different countries
- Sense of belonging in a diverse and inclusive culture
- Experience a fast-paced spacetech environment
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events
- Personal development with annual L&D budget
- Join our regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Employee Resource Groups that provide safe and empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
- Give back to the community by using one day per quarter for charitable work as part of our 1% Pledge
- Health programs and flexible working hours to support work life balance
- Be part of our growth: we offer RSUs for our employees
- Daily virtual mindful bodywork sessions to stay healthy
- We offer equipment and wellbeing support during these challenging times
- Enjoy a spacious central office located in U/S-bahn Zoologischer Garten
- Employees’ well-being is our top priority: on site massages, snacks, fruits, drinks and company lunches
- Additional contributions to Company Pension schemes
- Enjoy unique offers and discounts for companies/web shops
- Additional Company Holidays
Some Press and Blog Posts About Us:
- Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and at a recent Dreamforce Talk
- “Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please… do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.