Daily Earth Data to See Change and Make Better Decisions
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet’s data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a seasoned, well-rounded PM who can help level up our overall PM’ing tradecraft within the team. Overall, we’re looking to become more customer centric as a company, so this leader should first-and-foremost embody that principle. We’re also looking to improve our product delivery pipeline, so the candidate should also have a strong track record of translating customer problems into actionable solutions, creating structured roadmaps, and driving effective execution against commitments.
What You Bring:
- Customer Obsession and Customer Empathy
- Ability to think strategically, has a strong growth mindset, and an ability to craft a compelling product vision
- Ability of driving product execution in highly ambiguous contexts
- Analytically rigorous; driving towards measurable results
- Strong communicator both verbally and in writing
- Being energetic, creative, and having a self-starter mentality
- Track record of effectively collaborating with Engineering teams (and experience with product development lifecycle and ceremonies)
- Excels in highly diverse and remote teams
- Can break down complex topics into digestible chunks milestones
What Makes You Stand out:
- Geospatial and/or Remote Sensing background
- Platform mindset and architecture expertise in DaaS business model
- A servant leader, empathetic, and obsessed with the professional grow of their team members
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Be part of a vibrant international company of 45+ nationalities with office locations in different countries
- Sense of belonging in a diverse and inclusive culture
- Experience a fast-paced spacetech environment
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events
- Personal development with annual L&D budget
- Join our regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Employee Resource Groups and the opportunity to be part of a community
- Give back to the community by using one day per quarter for charitable work as part of our 1% Pledge
- Flexible working hours to support work life balance
- Be part of our growth: we offer equity options for our employees
- Daily virtual mindful bodywork sessions to stay healthy
- We offer equipment and wellbeing support during these challenging times
- Contributions to Company Pension scheme
- Enjoy unique offers and discounts for companies/web shops
- Additional Company Holidays