Using space to help life on Earth
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet’s data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We are looking for a friendly and resourceful earthling to join our growing EMEA People Team as a Onboarding & People Operations Working Student in Berlin. You will play a key role in our new Planeteers’ employee experience, ensuring they are set-up for success from the start. If you have a growth mindset and love working with people from lots of different backgrounds, we’d love to hear from you! This is a great time to join Planet and get the opportunity to learn a lot in a fast growing global technology company.
Impact You’ll Own:
- With the support of the People Partners, Maria & Olga, you own the pre-onboarding process of new hires in the EMEA region, ensuring Planet is ready to welcome them and all relevant stakeholders are on the same page.
- You foster a sense of belonging for new Planeteers, keeping them updated before they join and making them feel welcome on their first day.
- You collaborate with our US team to improve our global onboarding process and ensure every new hire has a similar experience regardless of where they are located across the globe.
- You support our People Operations Partner in maintaining employee records, drafting contracts and other employees related documents.
- Once the basics are covered, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to grow and take on additional projects.
What You Bring:
- You are enrolled in a business or related course of studies.
- You are fluent in English, as it is our company language and you will be working with a very international team.
- You have a keen eye for detail and understand the importance of being thorough with the data you are handling.
- Your communication with all stakeholders is key: you are mindful about how & what you communicate. You have a collaborative work style and you are comfortable speaking to anyone.
- You are tech savvy and are comfortable working with modern HR systems and technologies.
- You are a natural at putting yourself in other people’s shoes and anticipating their needs.
- You are eager to learn and curious about many things.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- You have a good level of German.
- You already have some experience working in a People Team /HR department.
- You have previous experience in a big and international company.
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Be part of a vibrant international company of 45+ nationalities with office locations in different countries
- Sense of belonging in a diverse and inclusive culture
- Experience a fast-paced spacetech environment
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events
- Personal development with annual L&D budget
- Join our regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Employee Resource Groups that provide safe and empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
- Give back to the community by using one day per quarter for charitable work as part of our 1% Pledge
- Health programs and flexible working hours to support work life balance
- Be part of our growth: we offer RSUs for our employees
- Daily virtual mindful bodywork sessions to stay healthy
- We offer equipment and wellbeing support during these challenging times
- Enjoy a spacious central office located in U/S-bahn Zoologischer Garten
- Employees’ well-being is our top priority: on site massages, snacks, fruits, drinks and company lunches
- Additional contributions to Company Pension schemes
- Enjoy unique offers and discounts for companies/web shops
- Additional Company Holidays
Some Press About Us:
- Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
- “Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
- Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
- “Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please… do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.