Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet’s data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
Our Sales Executive will field, qualify, and transact on a diverse set of pre-existing and incoming leads for our Indian region. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, independent thinker, and can think laterally to bring our data into new market segments. You will target the following sectors: government accounts, agriculture, forestry, defense & intelligence and partners. You will identify, qualify, negotiate and close large-scale complex deals and drive sales revenue targets. Most likely, you have a technical understanding of geo-spatial imagery products. Above all else, enjoy our unique value proposition by simplifying complex commercial challenges and explaining why and how our geospatial data can address them.
You will develop an extensive pipeline of new sales leads, provide product and sales demonstrations to prospective customers and formulate appropriate business relationships with accounts.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Prospect and develop business relationships, close sales and manage customer expectations as the company grows
- Collaborate with channel and reseller relationships to expand market presence
- Manage proposal generation and pricing work as needed
- Sales operations duties as required
What You Bring:
- Several years of related experience in international sales with focus on India
- Sales experience in the governmental sector along with a demonstrated track record of success
- GIS / remote sensing experience or related field
- Understanding of the nuances of sales cycles and how to navigate through the channels
- Ability to source, sell, co-sell and close large deals; carrying quota and closing should be familiar concepts
- Success in acting as a bridge between the company and its current market and future markets
- Efficiency in gathering market and customer info to enable negotiations regarding variations in prices, delivery and customer specifications to their managers
- Excellent communication skills, including multiple languages
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in start-up environment
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- The ability to interact successfully across cultures
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of Sales Methodologies and Opportunity Qualification techniques such as MEDDPIC
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Vertical specific expertise a strong plus (agriculture, commodities, energy, insurance, forestry, govt. sales)
- Product development & product positioning experience
- Sales Ops experience (CRM, collateral development, pipeline tracking, etc)
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please… do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.