Using space to help life on Earth
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet’s data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We’re seeking a Global Stock Administrator to join our Legal team, reporting to our Associate General Counsel. The Global Stock Administrator will be responsible for maintaining Planet’s equity database, helping transition it to a new equity platform, managing our ESPP, and supporting other internal departments in their reporting, compliance and audit functions. The ideal candidate will exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical principles as well as exceptional communication and multi-tasking skills. Other valued attributes include a strong work ethic, a capacity to get things done independently, attention to detail, and an inquisitive mind.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Manage external vendor relationships and ensure day to day stock administration processing is coordinated with 3rd party administrators – account demographic data, new hire grants, termination processing, exercise and RSU processing, as well as all aspects of record keeping, reporting, compliance and reconciliations.
- Manage our global equity incentive programs, 10b5-1 trading plans and records of ESPP transactions, including enrollment and election changes in collaboration with the People and Finance teams.
- Preparing Section 16 forms and generating reports for SEC filings, including 10-Qs, 10-Ks, and proxy statements.
- Coordinate with Legal to manage the Insider Trading Compliance Program, including management of open/closed trading windows and securities trading blackout list.
- Ensure SOX compliance and respond promptly to requests from internal and external auditors and finance team for data.
- Develop employee training and ongoing education materials, as well as respond to participant questions relating to the equity program.
- Provide cross-functional support to Legal, People, Finance and other departments, including preparing custom reports, conducting research into tax and securities regulations, and supporting pay equity analyses.
- Communicate with People to ensure correct tax withholding, accounting and compliance.
What You Bring:
- 4+ years of experience in public company stock administration, including administration of global equity programs.
- Finance/Accounting degree, CEP or equivalent work experience.
Practical knowledge of the legal, tax and accounting rules relevant to equity compensation and stock administration.
- Working experience with Equity Edge Online. Shareworks is also a plus.
- Knowledge of global government regulations with respect to equity programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to provide clear guidance on complex equity topics, attention to detail, and commitment to customer service.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Strong judgment, integrity and detail oriented.
- Comfort with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace, including strong proficiency in Excel, and a passion for datasets.
- Desire to build and improve stock administration processes to allow Planet to scale.
- Capable independent worker, quick learner, and self-starter, who is driven and creative, yet who is a team player who brings a positive and supportive mentality to Planet.
- Good sense of humor, outgoing, drama-free, inquisitive, and desire to get things done.
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
- Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
- “Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
- Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
- “Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please… do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.