Using space to help life on Earth
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet’s data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
As a Pre-Sales Engineer, you will actively engage and lead strategic sales engagements to drive both the technical and business value to build win.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Build and deliver presentations and product demonstrations highlighting technical capabilities of
- Planet’s platform and our ability to fulfill customer’s business needs
- Create relationships with customers’ technical and management staff as a trusted advisor to their business
- Act as an advisor to the customer to recommend a solutions architecture that fits their business challenges
- Respond to tenders, RFI’s, RFP’s, proposals with respect to product/solution information
- Work with internal sales teams to determine account development plans and execute a strategy to engage customers and prospects
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams including Customer Success, Product Management, and Business Development to act as the voice of the customer
- Attain quarterly and annual sales and operational objectives assigned by management
- Self-motivated to learn new technologies and industries
Interface with all Pre-Sales Engineers globally, building a community to improve the team’s technical and sales skills
- Ability to present to senior executives and to large audiences
- Act as a mentor to team members and lead training to drive their development
What You Bring:
- 5+ years experience in remote sensing or GIS
- Experience using GIS tools (i.e. ArcGIS, QGIS, Google Earth Engine, etc)
- B.S. GIS, Remote Sensing, Computer Science, Engineering, or an equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
What Makes You Stand Out:
- 5+ years experience in a customer-facing role (i.e sales, pre-sales, customer support, consulting)
- Experience integrating with cloud platforms via REST API’s
- Experience working with satellite remote sensing data
- Understanding of the MEDDICC sales process
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
- Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
- “Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
- Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
- “Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please… do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.