Using space to help life on Earth
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet’s data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We’re seeking a Senior Corporate Paralegal to join our Legal team, reporting to our Associate General Counsel. This person will be responsible for supporting the Legal Team on corporate governance, strategic transactions, public company reporting, equity matters and the expansion of Planet’s business across the globe. The ideal candidate will exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical principles as well as exceptional communication and multi-tasking skills. Other valued attributes include a strong work ethic, a capacity to get things done independently, attention to detail, and an inquisitive mind.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Support corporate development and strategic transactions, securities offerings and other special projects, including coordinating due diligence.
- Assist with the preparation of materials for meetings of the board of directors, board committees, stockholders and management.
- Manage international subsidiaries and business registrations, prepare formation documents and annual filings, and coordinate with foreign offices
- Maintain legal records and identify ways to improve and streamline legal operations.
- Respond to requests from auditors, regulators, lenders, business partners, customers and internal stakeholders.
- Assist with implementation of training and educational programs for Planet personnel and business partners.
What You Bring:
- At least five years of experience at a law firm or in-house at a technology company as a corporate paralegal.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Risk management and compliance mindset and high capability for issue spotting and escalation.
- Excellent communication skills.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Strong judgment, integrity and detail oriented.
- Comfort with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- Capable independent worker, quick learner, and self-starter, who is driven and creative, yet who is a team player who brings a positive and supportive mentality to Planet.
- Experience managing time-sensitive projects with multi-functional stakeholder groups.
- Good sense of humor, outgoing, drama-free, inquisitive, and desire to get things done.
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
- Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
- “Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
- Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
- “Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please… do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.