Simplifying the complexity of Space
In specific, the new colleague will be asked:
- Participate in the complete cycle of onboard software development
- Work on Software Systems Requirements Specification and Architecture for Space Critical Systems
- Design, develop, test and debug software for Planetek’s SPACE product line
- Build and maintain software tools to support the on-board software development
- Implement metrics to track and improve software quality and maturity.
YOUR BACKGROUND AND EXPERTISE
- You have a Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or another relevant discipline and you have at least 5 years of professional experience, mostly on On-Board Software development?
Specifically, you have skills in the following fields:
- Space systems and Space Systems engineering
- Software engineering and object-oriented programming
- Programming languages: C/C++ and/or others
- Micro-processors such as SPARC LEON, ARM, multicore’s etc
- Extensive knowledge of intra-satellite communication protocols
- Experience with FPGAs or low level Hardware programming
- Proficiency in English and Greek.
You have also familiarity with:
- Knowledge of aerospace software systems applicable standards, such as ECSS-E-ST-40C and software development practices.
- Experience with system validation that includes embedded software and/or remote systems
- Software testing and validation approaches for space applications
- Model based engineering
- Configuration management systems
- The ideal profile of the successful candidate is completed by seriousness and reliability, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent organizational skills, strong ability to work within a team in order to meet specific objectives qualitatively and quantitatively defined, excellent relational and communicative skills, proactivity.
AN IMPORTANT POINT
- At Planetek Hellas results are more important than time and our respect for people takes priority over their skills. Passion and responsibility are the qualities we value in our employees while ethics, professionalism and availability are the elements that distinguish our work philosophy. Choose us if you think that a company like Planetek offers you the opportunity to work with enthusiasm and if you believe you can make an important contribution toward developing a strategic segment for our company.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
- Planetek Hellas is a Greek company, founded in 2006, that operates in the field of Satellite Remote Sensing, Spatial Data Infrastructure and Software development for the “on board” and “ground” segment space applications. Planetek Hellas is involved in the research and in the analysis of new techniques, which process and integrate remote sensing information with state-of-the-art technologies such as HPC and AI. The company is also active in the field of promotion of Earth Observation and Cosmic Exploration data exploitation and pursues close relations with Education and Research Organizations inside and outside Greece. The company has in its portfolio a variety of successful contracts with European Space Agency, through which it has acquired in-depth knowledge of the Agency’s procedures and high quality requirements. Planetek Hellas is also very active in R&D, participating in many European (FP7, HORIZON) and National research Projects.
The expertise of Planetek Hellas has led the company to strengthen its specific skills related to:
- Earth Observation and Space Science satellite data management, together with processing for both on-board and on ground deployments.
- Data fusion procedures for Earth Observation and Space Science value added products and service deliveries.
- Spatial Data Infrastructure platform for delivery, dissemination and exploitation of geospatial products with a time-tested competence in INSPIRE compliant web deployments.
- Development of software for the satellite on-board data and image processing.
- Ground Segment Software for Mission Operations digital and innovative solutions