We simplify the adoption of geospatial data in order to understand the world better and to enable people to act in an aware and timely manner, in order to live better and preserve the Earth.
What will I do as a “BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST” in Planetek Italy?
We operate in many fields of application, ranging from environmental and territorial monitoring, to open-government and smart cities, to defense and security solutions, up to scientific missions and planetary exploration.
Transversely to our reference markets, we supply application solutions and products for Earth observation with remote sensing data from satellite, aircraft and drones. We develop INSPIRE compliant Territorial Data Infrastructures (SDIs), solutions for Smart Cities and complex systems to support decisions that exploit geographic information and Earth observation data, according to the new paradigms of the Cloud and Software As a Service. We engineer systems for business intelligence on geographic data and we create geoinformative products with added value from Earth Observation data, which we offer to the oil & gas, renewable energy, transport (railways, roads) and engineering of works and infrastructures sectors.
The focus on innovation that characterizes us has given birth to Rheticus® , our Cloud platform designed to provide accurate and constantly updated data and information on our changing world, of great use for those who work in the public and private sectors to preserve our Earth and improve the quality of our lives. This new type of services, developed using Hexagon Geospatial Smart M.App technologies and based on the use of Sentinel data from the Copernicus program, today represents the synthesis of Planetek Italia’s skills and ability in producing high added value services.
In your role as Business Development Specialist you will collaborate in the business development of these services on the Business to Business market, reporting to the Head of Business Development of the Strategic Business Unit.
You will therefore take care of:
- collaborate in planning the most appropriate sales actions in relation to the characteristics and needs of individual customers and the priorities defined to expand the portfolio and / or build loyalty to existing customers;
- collaborate in the management of back-office activities preparatory to participation in calls for tenders;
- collaborate in the development of new business opportunities and carry out prospecting activities aimed at expanding the customer portfolio;
- strengthen relations with national and international suppliers and partners in a long-term logic;
- interpreting the needs and preferences of customers, also identifying alternative commercial proposals in compliance with the established technical-strategic constraints and customer satisfaction
- under the supervision of the Head of Business Development, implement the strategic plan of the sales activity with a view to innovation, efficiency and profitability and identify any corrective actions.
The ability to communicate effectively and the collaborative and constructive approach in relationships are your strong points. You are creative by nature and curious, capable of strategic thinking and oriented to make a difference.
You have experience in the role gained in the commercial sector, preferably but not necessarily of companies operating in the geomatics segment or, alternatively, in ICT or services. So it is imperative that you know:
- Maintain customer relations;
- Manage a sales process;
- Interact with foreign interlocutors by communicating in English without any difficulty.
Another important point.
We often lose sight of time because results matter more: we need people who work with passion and responsibility, who share our project to grow with us, enthusiastically contributing to the development of a major segment.
Your office will be in Bari but you can travel around Italy and Europe.
OK, I’m interested …
Tell us who you are, what you have done so far in your professional life and what you would like to do in the future.
Together with your CV write us in a short note answering these two questions:
- * Why would you like to bet on an innovative SME like ours?
- * Why should Planetek bet on you?
If you look like the person we are looking for, we will contact you to meet you and get to know you better.