Planetek Italia is an SME founded in 1994 that employs over 60 men and women, passionate and competent in Geomatics, Earth sciences and software for space missions. Planetek Italia is structured in Strategic Business Units (SBU) focused on different markets: Government & Security, SpaceStream, Business to Business. We operate in many fields of application, ranging from environmental and territorial monitoring, to open-government and smart cities, to defense and security solutions, up to scientific and planetary exploration missions.
About Planetek Italia and the Planetek group.
Transversely to our reference markets, we provide application solutions and products for Earth observation with remote sensing data from satellite, aircraft and drones. We develop INSPIRE-compliant Territorial Data Infrastructures (SDI), solutions for Smart Cities and complex systems to support decisions that exploit geographic information and Earth observation data, according to the new paradigms of Cloud and Software As a Service. We engineer systems for business intelligence on geographic data and create geoinformative products with added value from Earth Observation data, which we offer to the sectors of Oil & GAS, renewable energy, transport (railways, roads) and engineering of works and infrastructures.
The Planetek group is made up of four companies based in Italy and Greece and is active in the national and international market.
We usually choose people and then also consider their skills. There is an office hours but we are flexible because we are goal oriented. We are informal, reliable and available: we always enjoy doing new and different things, sharing efforts and celebrating results.
If you think that a team of colleagues like us might look a little like you, with us you will be free to think, dream and work.
What will you do as a “INFORMATION SYSTEMIST” in Planetek Italy?
You will be part of a team dedicated to the management of corporate IT systems and will report directly to the IT Manager. In the role of Systems Engineer you will collaborate in the management of the IT infrastructure of the entire Planetek group, located in Italy and abroad.
Specifically, you will deal with:
- Manage server and client systems;
- Install, maintain and repair computer equipment and systems, both hardware and software, and ensure their operation, providing technical support in the event of breakdowns or malfunctions;
- Manage the network equipment (switches, routers, firewalls, SIP devices) to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of data and voice connectivity;
- Apply information security strategies from a systems point of view;
- Detect, manage and monitor all activities related to the correct application of corporate IT policies;
- Constantly update the documents relating to security, quality and privacy relating to their area of action;
- Carry out analysis, test and diagnosis activities to verify the efficiency of the IT infrastructure and identify any errors;
- Provide users with the necessary training for the correct use of the systems;
- Manage technical relationships with all company stakeholders (internal and external) with reference to IT technical support activities.
You have a technical background – secondary school diploma or technical degree – and have proven experience in the role, gained in recent periods in companies, preferably of medium-large level and size and with high organizational complexity, or in leading consulting firms computer technology.
You already have:
- Ability to install, configure and maintain hardware (servers, workstations, SANs, NAS, FC switches, ethernet switches, UPS, network printers, VOIP telephony devices, etc.)
- Skills in the management of the most popular client and server operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Skills in managing Client and Server virtualization environments, RDBMS, Web / Application Server, Active Directory services, Backup and Disaster recovery systems, PBX Voip, security management systems and centralized endpoint patching
- Skills in the management of the most popular mail servers and document collaboration systems
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English.
Complete your profile:
- Ability to relate to users and ability to manage and understand needs;
- Organizational capacity;
- Ability to plan and execute activities, respecting agreed objectives and times
- Spirit of initiative and operational autonomy;
- Ability to work in a team and in an integrated way with other company functions;
- Proactivity and problem solving attitude;
- Self-control and stress management;
- You have your own car and preferably reside in Bari or in the province of Bari.
Furthermore, we will prefer you to other candidates, if you already have one or more IT certifications (e.g. Microsoft, Linux, CCNA, ACSA, ECS certifications) that can be demonstrated with appropriate documentation.
Another important point.
We often lose sight of time because results matter more: we need people who work with passion and responsibility, who share our project to grow with us, contributing with enthusiasm to the development of a significant segment.
Your office will be in Bari.
What we offer you.
We will define the salary package with you after we get to know each other.
In addition, you will certainly find an excellent coffee at will and a football table to catch your breath during the heaviest days, the sea at your doorstep for long walks during the lunch break, plenty of calories to celebrate anniversaries, a library from which to choose books. to read, fantasy football with colleagues, five-a-side football challenges and much more.
Are you interested in this opportunity?
Tell us who you are, what you have done so far in your professional life and what you would like to do in the future.
Together with your CV, write us in a short note answering these two questions:
- Why would you like to bet on an innovative SME like ours?
- Why should Planetek bet on you?
if you look like the person we are looking for, we will contact you to meet you and get to know you better.