Boosting the small satellites industry.
We are a launch company established in Spain, wich develops reusable, cost-effective space launch vehicles. PLD Space was founded by Raúl Torre and Raúl Verdú in Elche (Alicante), and now has more than 40 employees.
We are currently developing two launchers, the suborbital MIURA 1 and the orbital MIURA 5, both of which will greatly impact the space launch industry.
Since 2012, we have received the support of many high-level space industry companies, and currently we have currently received 28 million euros in funding.
- Position:Senior Liquid Rocket Propulsion Development Engineer for MIURA 1 Launch Vehicle.
- Description:Senior Liquid Rocket Propulsion Development Engineer for MIURA 1 Flight Qualification.
- Workplace:Elche (Spain).
- Desired Starting Date:October 1st, 2020
- Current Vacancies:
- Contract:Full-time (3-month trial).
- Position evaluation:Objectives and Key Results (OKR) evaluation, based on individual quarterly, semi-annual and annual meetings.
- Salary:To be agreed depending on the professional experience and skills.
- To Participate in the TEPREL-B Liquid Rocket Engine Flight Qualification, including hardware integration, testing and post-hot test data processing.
- To be part of the engineering decision process of MIURA 1 propulsion subsystem final development, testing and integration.
- To provide inputs for TEPREL-B liquid rocket engine upgrades and to improve its performance.
- To contribute and participate in the engineering decision process of MIURA 1 propellant feed system (including piping, valves, sensing, actuators, etc.)
- To contribute in material characterization, material selection and to generate specification for updates and further developments.
- To develop test plans for liquid propulsion parts and assemblies.
- To generate manufacturing and assembly specifications.
- To contribute in the upgrade PLD Space Propulsion Test Bench software and hardware.
- To operate Company´s test bench during hot test campaigns.
- To provide launch and mission operations support.
About TEPREL-B Engine
- TEPREL-B engine has been developed internally by PLD Space, being the first liquid propellant rocket engine developed by the company.
- This engine, fed by Kerosene and LOX in a Pressure-fed cycle has been designed to boost MIURA 1 rocket into space.
- TEPREL-B engine has a Thrust (SL) of 32.3 KN in Sea Level and 39.7 KN in Vacuum conditions.
- The engine is currently under Flight Qualification Process at PLD Space´s propulsion testing facilities in Teruel (Spain).
- This engine has been developed with Spanish CDTI support in several R&D projects as well as internal company investment.
- Master´s degree in Aerospace Engineering.
- Relevant experience in liquid propulsion (+7 years of liquid propulsion experience, design and testing) .
- +5 years experiencein Finite Element Analysis using industry tools such as ANSYS.
- Excellent use of Siemens NX/Teamcenter, EcosimPro, Matlaband Simulink tools.
- Relevant experience in manufacturing processes (metal machining): Copper Alloys, Aluminium Alloys and Stainless-steel Alloys, as well as Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM).
- Other relevant experience in manufacturing processes, such as Aluminium and Stainless-steel TIG Welding.
- Good communications skills, including C1 English Level (both written and oral).
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Highly motivated and committed to improvement.
- Ability to represent a workgroup.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Use of Labview is desired.
- Experience with space launch vehicle design.
- Spanish (both written and oral).
- Experience working with Spanish Government or National Agencies (NASA, CNES or DLR).
- Experience working with Institutional Contracts with European Space Agency (ESA).
- +7 years of liquid propulsion experience, design and testing.
Trial Period: 3 months