Boosting the small satellites industry.
Rocket structures assembly engineer within Ground Operations department at PLD Space.
- Development, implementation, and optimization of assembly procedures for rocket engine systems and rocket sections: assembly manuals, work orders, post-assembly inspections and reports…
- Continuous improvement of assembly processes (based on lessons learned) to bring products from prototype to high-volume production.
- Assembly of aerospace structures, rocket engines, fluid systems and others. Perform assembly processes (drilling operations, reaming, countersinking, mechanical joints by means of fasteners, bolts and screws, sealing) of aerospace primary structure (mainly metallic and composite parts) and secondary structure (rigid pipes, valves, metallic supports and brackets, electrical and avionics equipment and harness).
- Technical support and problem solving during assembly procedures.
- Work with our design engineers and supply chain in evolving our designs to improve quality and assembly, and simplify operations. Then implement in a rapidly-evolving production environment.
- Collaboration with design and manufacturing of tooling and support equipment to facilitate hardware assembly.
- Attention to detail and establishment of a highly structured integration environment.
- Quickly resolve non-conformances and work with the Quality team to implement root cause corrective actions.
- Maintaining an operational safe, clean and well-organized integration environment.
- High level in both written and spoken English and Spanish.
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering, manufacturing engineering, mechanical engineering or another relevant field.
- Between +2 year and 10 years of experience with assembly and integration of complex, multi-disciplinary systems in aerospace, aviation, automotive or similar quality-oriented industries.
- Hands-on project and assembly experience with structures, mechanical or/and high pressure fluid systems.
- Experience with the following: assembly planning and process definition, documentation and reports creation, process tracking and quality control according to standards.
- Understanding of engineering fundamentals for mechanical design and assembly, including working
- Knowledge of GD&T and design considerations.
- Full proficiency in MS office tools expected.
- Experience with CAD software (NX desired), 3D models and 2D engineering drawings.
- Experience with ERP systems, work order creation/management, and BOM structures.
- Ability to learn, lead others, and help others learn while maintaining high performance level.
- Desire to work hands-on, both independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with some of the following: design for manufacturing, kaizen, lean manufacturing, six sigma and failure mode and effects analysis. Experience applying them.
- Experience with process development from R&D to high-volume manufacturing.
- Desired experience with orbital launch systems and or launch vehicles, or flight production projects or programs.
- Experience in full life-cycle development of aerospace systems.
- Team or Project leadership experience in an aerospace development environment or similar.
- Experience with TeamCenter desired.
- A self-starter mentality, with minimum direction required.
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast paced work environment.
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy.
- Strong problem solving that can bring multiple disciplines together, and critical thinking skills.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace