Payload Aerospace, S.L (PLD Space) - Boosting the small satellite industry. e develop launch technologies to provide commercial orbital and suborbital access services , dedicated to small payloads and small satellites.
PLD Space is seeking a new member for our team to serve as a Test Engineer, within the Structures Department. This position will be focused on assisting the qualification, and acceptance testing of structural components for the MIURA 1 launch program.
- Definition of tests, considering available inputs, requested outputs and measurements, as well as other boundary conditions.
- Test campaign planning.
- Test suppliers management: contact, evaluation, selection, agreements.
- Test execution/follow-up.
- Assessment of externally executed tests.
- Assistance in post-processing of test data in collaborations with Stress team.
- Report writing and internal dissemination of test outcomes.
- Assessment of sensorization requirements and load conditions for which data is to be obtained in order to meet test objectives in a safe manner.
- Collaborate in the design of test benches and tooling.
- Create work methodologies or improve the existing ones in order to benefit current and future projects.
- Research state of the art in testing methodologies and sensors and propose creative approaches to complex problems.
- Occasionally travel to other PLD Space or supplier locations.
- Aerospace or Mechanical Engineer.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
- +5 years’ experience in similar position, testbench/hardware and lab work.
- Used to work with standards (ECSS, ISO, EN, ASTM, MIL…).
- Used to work under pressure without neglecting safety and quality.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, along with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge on specific space sector, space vehicles and launchers, metallic pressure vessels, COPV and payload structures is high desirable.
- Knowledge of pressure vessel codes (BPVC, EN 13345, PD5500, AD 2000…).
- Skills on electronics, optical instrumentation and extensiometric measurement will be welcomed.
- Vibration and dynamic analysis test experience.
- Experience in analysis or design positions is desirable.
- Experience with Catia or NX Unigraphics is desirable.
- Basic knowledge of finite element analysis shall be welcomed.
- Programming experience (Matlab/Octave, Python…) is desirable.
- Experience developing and conducting test plans for experimental structural test.
- Knowledge on developing reports to analyse test results from test execution.
- Experience working with testbenches.